Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My children are feed up of the lack of rear leg room that my beloved Brera may have to go. I would love to change for a 159 sportwagon 4x4 with the same 3.2 V6. However, I cannot find any for sale. How many left website suggest this might be because none were sold. Was this a model option..

Anyone thinking of selling one, even better if they fancy a brera instead!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
There a few about in the UK but not many - I have one!
They take some finding

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I don't know if you are aware (sorry if you are) that the Alfa 4x4 all wheel drive system is known as Q4, so it may help to know and include this in your search terms.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have you considered a 1750 TBI? That might be a bit easier to find, but I don't think any had the Q4 set up. They are pretty punchy and would be (only slightly) better on fuel consumption. What the reasoning for needing a Q4?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live a couple of miles from a main road and we get a fair bit of snow. The q4 on my brera has never let me down. The only q4 I have found are saloons, I would also go for the diesel q4 but think its even more unique than the v6.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live a couple of miles from a main road and we get a fair bit of snow. The q4 on my brera has never let me down. The only q4 I have found are saloons, I would also go for the diesel q4 but think its even more unique than the v6.
...... And almost always black!
Having said that Veloces have a red saloon at the moment

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
plenty of legroom in the back of the saloon mate, if you need a large boot for camping/dogs/pushchairs then the sport wagon is worth the extra, but the Saloon has never been too small for me and the rest of the family.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The cabin space is identical between saloon and wagon so unless you prefer the look/extra space it wont make any difference, the external dimensions are the same too as far as im aware, thats why its not a true estate...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
our dog is a large boxer, no chance he will sit still in the back seat of a saloon. So boot is a must. The brera works great as the dog fills the boot, and cannot get forward. Kids on the other hand not so happy...

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
If you pick up a lusso spec sportwagon with a few extras all you would need to do is change the springs and add sideskirts & wheels to make it a Ti (headlining colour would be different but thats about it)

I am over simplifying I realise but the differences are minimal compared to the need for space for the dog.

If it were my money, I would get a really well spec'ed one as close to Ti as I could then get one of the TI kits from Veloces http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-159-Ti-KIT-WHEELS-TYRES-SIDE-SKIRTS-MIRRORS-/200531746974?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb09fa09e&clk_rvr_id=541792753110

·
Registered
11 Posts
selling 159 Ti 3.2 V6 Sportwagon

Hi. I'm looking to sell mine if you are still looking. Its an 09 plate, just turned over 40k miles, automatic, 4 wheel drive. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you pics and more info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts