Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've a 3-month old 159 2.2l Selespeed, living in Singapore.

During first 2 months, I had maybe 2 or 3 occasions where I was stopped dead, and couldn't engage reverse gear, had to bring the stick to neutral, and then shifted again and then it worked. Same with shifting to 1st.

Brought it to the agent, and SO basically said it's normal, must shift with deliberate movement :p Didn't think much of it, if it happens once in a month or so, was prepared to put to electronic gremlins or something :rolleyes:

But last 3 weeks or so, it got more frequent, like today it happened 3 times in one day. Sometimes, just shift back to N, and then to R, doesn't engage, shift again this time to N, 1, then back to N and the R (when I wanted to reverse). I'm begining to feel irritated. And it may get dangerous if I'm in a hurry to change direction (R & 1st to get away fast for example.)

Anybody has experienced this in UK? Should I go to the agent and insist they reflash the SS software or something?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've a 3-month old 159 2.2l Selespeed, living in Singapore.

During first 2 months, I had maybe 2 or 3 occasions where I was stopped dead, and couldn't engage reverse gear, had to bring the stick to neutral, and then shifted again and then it worked. Same with shifting to 1st.

Brought it to the agent, and SO basically said it's normal, must shift with deliberate movement :p Didn't think much of it, if it happens once in a month or so, was prepared to put to electronic gremlins or something :rolleyes:

But last 3 weeks or so, it got more frequent, like today it happened 3 times in one day. Sometimes, just shift back to N, and then to R, doesn't engage, shift again this time to N, 1, then back to N and the R (when I wanted to reverse). I'm begining to feel irritated. And it may get dangerous if I'm in a hurry to change direction (R & 1st to get away fast for example.)

Anybody has experienced this in UK? Should I go to the agent and insist they reflash the SS software or something?

Many thanks in advance!
The selespeed version isn't sold in the U.K. So you are one of the few just like me in this forum. You have better luck at AROC Singapore's forum.

You may want to get the agent to recalibrate/reset your selespeed or check you selespeed fluid level. Occasionally I face the same situation as you but I just blip the throttle a little and re-engage the gear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response.

So it's a known problem? A little worried sometimes you may be in a hurry to reverse and move forward. Or just wanting to engage gear and move off quickly :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts