Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 159 about a week ago. Recently 2 messages has constantly appeared.

1) Brake Light Failure left rear
I initially thought it was just a blown bulb so I went on to replace it. However, after I replaced it, I realized that the rear left brake light remained on even though the brake pedal was not depressed. Only the rear left brake light has this issue. After about an hour driving, I went back to check and the brake light bulb i just replaced has blown. Any idea what the issue is?

2) Have Gearbox checked
I only got this error since yesterday. I went to start the car and the message popped out for gearbox check. I could not engage any gear and the car remained in neutral. I switched off the car and switch it back on and it was back to normal. No problems for the rest of the day. This morning I switched on my car and again the message appeared. But this time it functioned like normal. All gears could be engaged. I later restarted my car again and no gearbox message appeared. It seem to only appear on my first engine start of the day.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help rendered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on the situation.

I have managed to solve the rear brake light issue by just cleaning the contact at the bulb fitting & swapping the right bulb with the left one. Now both brake lights are normal.

So far only today I did not get the "Have Gearbox Checked" message. Will continue to monitor the situation.

Anyway, another issue I am facing is with the two front seats. It seems to have a rocky motion everytime I brake. Any idea what is the fault?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts