Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Did your disc was ejected and when exactly?
I can't quite remember - I think at the end of the programming process, and before the Alfa logo appeared (but I couldn't be certain). I was driving at the time, and just grabbed the disc when it popped out... I had virtually given up on the radio.

P.S. I'd say to anybody else: don't attempt this upgrade unless there is some specific functionality you require!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm sorry to see that people have had so many problems with the upgrade. A few key points - it needs to be done with the ignition key OUT, disc ejects when update is complete, you then turn off and turn on again. When you turn on the car's ignition, it will sync your date and language settings. For the voice commands, you need to re-do the setup with the original voice settings CD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry to see that people have had so many problems with the upgrade. A few key points - it needs to be done with the ignition key OUT, disc ejects when update is complete, you then turn off and turn on again. When you turn on the car's ignition, it will sync your date and language settings. For the voice commands, you need to re-do the setup with the original voice settings CD.
procedure is: 3-4-5-6 and next track button ff, and thats need to be done at blank screen

·
Registered
44 Posts
Flash with firmware

Yesterday I disassembled my Connect navi on spares.Under the mainboard PCB I finally found FLASH chip which storing firmware of our navi unit.It is INEL TE28F640.Now I am looking for someone who is interesting with car radio and navigation system and made a DUMP of flash from working navigation with programmer and PC software.If you know some people from this forum which i could contact, please send me PM.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Connect v12.3 -> Postcode?

Any one know what the new features of v12.3 firmware are?

The only thing that would bother me enough to perform the upgrade is if it added POSTCODE look-up for the SatNav; does any one know if it does?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Free download Frimaware 12.3 Connect nav & more

You don't have to pay for the firmware, cause an Italian guy on ipmart-forum.it posted links to download the firmware for free. The only thing you have to do is to register.

[SCARICA] Aggiornamento Firmware Connect Nav V.12.3 + mappa italia 2010-2011

Also you can download the Set-up CD.

Just burn it in a proper way on a CD, don't just copy it to a CD. Use ImgBurn for instance.

And then follow the steps as mentioned in the instructions.

Just did it yesterday (the firmware update) and took less than 5 mins. Not only cosmetic, start-up of the systeem is much quicker.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I would have thought that was highly unlikely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Connect with Dension 300

....Radio now started with new firmware, and Dension 300 GW device suddenly started working (result!)
Using the table that Dension provides only the unit called Blaupunkt 939 that I understand that is not the Connect Plus works with the Dension 300. Can you explain more about you're setup?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Firmware dump for GT/147 Nav+ with Phillips drive?

Hi All!

I've killed my Nav+ during firmware update (WARNING: There are two, identically looking types - one with Kenwood drive (90% of Alfas) and the other (Phillips) - which I turned out to have ;(

So - if anyone dumped flash from the Phillips one (different mainboard) please let me know.. (cuz the other option is to throw away my nav+ and start looking for a different one).

Thanks
PM

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Hi All!

I've killed my Nav+ during firmware update (WARNING: There are two, identically looking types - one with Kenwood drive (90% of Alfas) and the other (Phillips) - which I turned out to have ;(

So - if anyone dumped flash from the Phillips one (different mainboard) please let me know.. (cuz the other option is to throw away my nav+ and start looking for a different one).

Thanks
PM
I'll warn you now, that nothing else fits! You need another Alfa unit as the whole in the dash is a fair bit bigger than a standard double din...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vdo vrn7100

I have just purchased a 159 JTS V6 Q4 3.2Ti, a beautiful car but the factory fitted sat nav is absolute crap. It's a VDO VRN 7100 unit which looks nice in the car but has very questionable functionality across the board. And the Blue and Me bluetooth seems light years behind the rest of the market. Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix these. I'm thinking of telling the dealer to repace the sat nav with a Pioneer unit.
hi, i bought a a 159 earlier this year also with a dealer fit vrn7100 and have been very unhappy with it.

the number 1 problem for me is the blue and me phone system integration. i continually have a problem with the audio player cutting in on my phone calls -after a minute or so of phone conversation, the music that was playing before the call, starts up again. my phone display shows i am still connected to the caller, as does the info screen between the tachometer and speedometer, but i can't hear my caller and they can't hear me.

i've taken this back twice now to the dealer and he has had the head unit replaced, but i am still having the same problem.

other problems i've had were to do with people not being able to hear me clearly when i called them, but this was fixed by the dealer replacing the microphone and re-installing on the right hand side of the car. the fm radio reception is also fairly poor and has not been resolved.

i agree with your comments about it's general usability too and would be interested to hear if you've managed to resolve them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes I know but considering it could be found in gpsunderworld for download free of charge and the download page is down, I thought maybe someone in the forum could share it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
any tips on discs or how to burn ? ive done it twice on datasafe discs one as a iso with Roxio but cant be read by the system and one as files written with windows again cant be read :(

21 - 40 of 41 Posts