Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the SW off ebay for 13euros and did the upgrade....the sat nav now looks fit for 2010 and suits the great looks of the rest of the car! Pictures of before and after, functionality is the same even though maps are now all on 1CD (of italy, at least). Took about 5min to do, really straight forward. The navigator is the standard 2006 model.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sat Nav for 159 in Australia

I have just purchased a 159 JTS V6 Q4 3.2Ti, a beautiful car but the factory fitted sat nav is absolute crap. It's a VDO VRN 7100 unit which looks nice in the car but has very questionable functionality across the board. And the Blue and Me bluetooth seems light years behind the rest of the market. Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix these. I'm thinking of telling the dealer to repace the sat nav with a Pioneer unit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have just purchased a 159 JTS V6 Q4 3.2Ti, a beautiful car but the factory fitted sat nav is absolute crap. It's a VDO VRN 7100 unit which looks nice in the car but has very questionable functionality across the board. And the Blue and Me bluetooth seems light years behind the rest of the market. Does anyone have any advice as to how to fix these. I'm thinking of telling the dealer to repace the sat nav with a Pioneer unit.
Hey outta curiosity did you purchase your car from mccarrolls in artarmon?

·
Registered
61 Posts
How did you update/flash the EPROM?

By the way, I was wondering about the GSM phone receiver built into Alfa Sat-Nav...did you make a copy of your sim card and inserted into the slot above the screen or you have an extra sim card for the phone device in the sat-nav?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The software is updated using an installation procedure, quite simple, takes about 5min. It then automatically synchronises with the settings of the car.

For the sim card, as I don't use the car alot, I simply remove the sim from my phone and insert it in the car when I go for a long trip. Otherwise in Europe you can get a duplicate sim card, but it has a monthly cost that in my case isn't worthwhile.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi,

I'm not able to find any SW 12.3 on Ebay, only a lot of torrent downloads - what was your key word when searching?

I also have an Alfa 159 2006 with a crappy satnav, so I was hoping to get it upgraded like your pictures. My local dealer here in Norway could not provide this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is this an hacked SW? From Alfa Norway they reply that this is unknown, and that the only "update" they know of is for MY08 and not for Connect Nav

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, this is the proper Magneti Marelli (who manufacture the navigator HW) updating CD, admittedly a copied version of it though. It updates the software to version 12.3 which is what is already installed on the MY08.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
So this will work with the Nav/Phone in my 06 Brera?

Whilst I'd happily pay a reasonable sum for an upgrade, I don't believe this supplier is providing legal versions (unless the software is actually available free).

So if anyone finds a good link to download it...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In Italy, if you go to a Magneti Marelli dealer, provided they know what you're talking about (and most times they don't, including Alfa dealers), you can get the upgrade done for 50euros. There are torrents where you can also download the SW, up to you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
In Italy, if you go to a Magneti Marelli dealer, provided they know what you're talking about (and most times they don't, including Alfa dealers), you can get the upgrade done for 50euros. There are torrents where you can also download the SW, up to you.
If someone is looking for FW 12.3 here it is the links from KOKO95 from french alfa site.

Mise a jour firmware NIT G1 alfa 159 - Forum Alfa Romeo Online, Tout L'univers Alfa Romeo en Ligne

Two of my friends from polish Alfa site has updated their own CN+ but I was not so lucky like them.Mine CN+ shows only AR logo at all the time.I am stuck with this issue and looking for firmware update via 6 pin debug port on the left side of the bracket.If anyone of you knows something about Magneti Marelli representative that has experience with connect navi+ please share with me contact details.

·
Registered
652 Posts
If someone is looking for FW 12.3 here it is the links from KOKO95 from french alfa site.

Mise a jour firmware NIT G1 alfa 159 - Forum Alfa Romeo Online, Tout L'univers Alfa Romeo en Ligne

Two of my friends from polish Alfa site has updated their own CN+ but I was not so lucky like them.Mine CN+ shows only AR logo at all the time.I am stuck with this issue and looking for firmware update via 6 pin debug port on the left side of the bracket.If anyone of you knows something about Magneti Marelli representative that has experience with connect navi+ please share with me contact details.
Pull the battery, et voila?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pull the battery, et voila?
Thank you for trying;).I did this prior posting.My CD stucked and won't start even after disconnecting battery.I had to disassemble top cover from the unit and remove disc manually.I tried also to burn new disc as was suggested many times when updating AR147 nav+ units (nero, x4, D-A-O/96) but when i put disc inside, CD module motor don't even try to make and turn the disc.I heard only 2 laser jumps and that's all.I need to know if there is any magic key button trick that can unlock the unit? or what to do to bring unit the unit for life.Trick from Fiat CN+ (2-3-4-5-6 and TEL) - also doesn't work to re-start the upgrade.Still trying to get some info from Alfa garage - they know less that people on the FORUM.Any trick that I can use more are welcome.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thank you for trying;).I did this prior posting.My CD stucked and won't start even after disconnecting battery.I had to disassemble top cover from the unit and remove disc manually.I tried also to burn new disc as was suggested many times when updating AR157 nav+ units (nero, x4, D-A-O/96) but when i put disc inside, CD module motor don't even try to make and turn the disc.I heard only 2 laser jumps and that's all.I need to know if there is any magic key button trick that can unlock the unit? or what to do to bring unit the unit for life.Trick from Fiat CN+ (2-3-4-5-6 and TEL) - also doesn't work to re-start the upgrade.Still trying to get some info from Alfa garage - they know less that people on the FORUM.Any trick that I can use more are welcome.
I think it's 3-4-5-6 >> when the backlight comes on, then all lights on the radio start flashing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think it's 3-4-5-6 >> when the backlight comes on, then all lights on the radio start flashing.
I used 3-4-5-6 >> sequence many times and keypad flashed twice but nothing interesting happend.After 30 minutes unit reboot few times and turns off.When I turn the unit on nothing happend-STUCK ON ALFA LOGO.I tried it many times with this sequence and decided to try also FIAT sequence which is different.Anyway I am still full of hope that I can handle this issue.Reprogramming can be done only via 6pins debugging port and only by manufacturer.Still looking for some key-buttons that unlock CD to read discs, then I am sure I will finish the upgrade if its not too late.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hallo, ich habe ein großes Problem
begann die Installation und Phase "Downloading Software" ist nicht das Ende der Aktion und starten Sie es neu. Und die ganze Zeit über. Eine CD entfernt nicht das Radio, so Radio ist jetzt unbrauchbar .. Ich hoffe, dass ich nicht in einer autorisierten Servicestelle des Clusters zu geben, auch wenn Sie nicht tun, wird die CD im Radio nicht bekommen hinein einige Original aus den Original-Firmware zu bringen. Es macht mich ganz krank.

Es tut mir leid für die deutsch-tschechische rupubliky

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hallo, ich habe ein großes Problem
begann die Installation und Phase "Downloading Software" ist nicht das Ende der Aktion und starten Sie es neu. Und die ganze Zeit über. Eine CD entfernt nicht das Radio, so Radio ist jetzt unbrauchbar .. Ich hoffe, dass ich nicht in einer autorisierten Servicestelle des Clusters zu geben, auch wenn Sie nicht tun, wird die CD im Radio nicht bekommen hinein einige Original aus den Original-Firmware zu bringen. Es macht mich ganz krank.

Es tut mir leid für die deutsch-tschechische rupubliky
CD goes in with radio on.
CD error! screen
Turned radio off, the on.
Flasher loader starts, and will keep rebooting or turn off and never complete. Was stuck here for a couple of days until I read the manufacturers sheet
On start (before flasher screen is displayed) press 3 4 5 6 >> (sheet actually says to do this while it says "do not turn off radio" on flasher screen so YMMV)
The radio lights all flash
The programming actually starts
Then the Alfa logo stays on permanently (left for ~60 mins as was driving)
Was still stuck on with the engine off (i.e., in danger of running down the battery)
Pulled neg lead on battery to disconnect
Replaced after 5 mins
Radio now started with new firmware, and Dension 300 GW device suddenly started working (result!)
But I really thought I had killed it... and nearly ordered a Pioneer replacement. Now I don't have an excuse ;) Or I may anyway as the Connect Nav+ is an expensive poc

Had to reset door window anti pinch as I had removed battery with door open (not good!) [using drivers window down 10s, passenger down 10s, passenger up 10s, drivers up 10s. then windows worked normally]

1 - 20 of 41 Posts