Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just been flicking through the owners manual for new baby, and keep discovering things I didn't know about - fun in a geeky way.

One question I have for you all is this: does the boot on the saloon pop open fully when you press the button on the key, or in the overhead panel? I have to get my fingers under the shut line and manually open it. This seems fine, but the owners manual says this:

"Tailgate opening is facilitated by the side gas shock springs." This implies to me that it opens all the way?

Thanks all, grateful as ever for all responses.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah mine only opens an inch or two, for it to open fully automatically it would need to powered open. The gas strut just aids the smooth operation of the tailgate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi all

Just been flicking through the owners manual for new baby, and keep discovering things I didn't know about - fun in a geeky way.

One question I have for you all is this: does the boot on the saloon pop open fully when you press the button on the key, or in the overhead panel? I have to get my fingers under the shut line and manually open it. This seems fine, but the owners manual says this:

"Tailgate opening is facilitated by the side gas shock springs." This implies to me that it opens all the way?

Thanks all, grateful as ever for all responses.

I read it the same thinking it would open fully but it seems research has shown it only pops up a bit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It pops up an inch or two. If it does not you can adjust the two spring loaded plungers.
Thanks for this. Mine barely pops up at all, just enough to get my fingers underneath. Can't help but think it should be more! How do I adjust the spring loaded plungers?!

M

·
0 Posts
Just unscrew the whole thing a turn or two from the boot lid.
so is the adjustment on the gas strut? I cant seem to work out how to adjust it.
my boot only pops open enough to squeeze your fingers under

C

·
0 Posts
so is the adjustment on the gas strut? I cant seem to work out how to adjust it.
my boot only pops open enough to squeeze your fingers under
No - they are on the bottom edge of the boot lid, one on either side.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, if you open the boot and look at the 'lid' part then either side of the latch you will see two spring loaded rubbers bushes

I have the rubber part missing on my RH one can anyone advise where to get one from, I have been trying breakers but rear end cars are quite common!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts