Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought these recently and fitted on the car a low millage 2.2 TI I am not sure and would welcome thoughts. They are running 245.30.20 and the ride seems fine. I am not sure if they are a bit fast and furious or help with the diamond cut in making it look more youthful?

Anyone else using 20"?

I have no idea why the images are inverted. I resaved them upside down to correct them when uploading but no matter what orientation they seem to invert!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's a no from me. I had the 19 inch ti wheels on mine and whilst they did look good, I always felt they made the brakes look teeny.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 19TI wheels I am conflicted I tend to be a bit of a purist so 'testing' these ones is a departure for me.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,380 Posts
I think it looks great.
The 159 is quite a muscular looking car and needs good-sized wheels. The 19'' TI ones are also great, but anything less than 19s looks a bit weedy IMHO.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The 19s are already big enough I think, you will likely suffer from rubbing even with those really low profile tyres. I know others have used 20s before though. The design doesn’t do much for me either but at the end of the day it’s your car and your choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no rubbing and ride seems fine. There is a slight weight saving 1.5kg per wheel over the standard TI 19 alloys.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did once see a Brera running 20's but somehow it seemed jacked up and higher. I am quite happy that the natural TI height fills the arches well. Sounds like I am trying to convince myself!

·
Registered
48 Posts
The size and offset works (although I wouldn't want to pay for the tyres!) but I'm not a fan of the black/diamond cut design - little too 'yoof' for me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The offset seems to work well and I would estimate moves the wheels out about 15mm which avoids using spacers.

·
Registered
'08 Brera S 2.2 (Edition no 45). Previously '12 Mito 1.6 JTDM
395 Posts
They don’t look oversized, fill the arches nicely. The design reminds me of the Octavia VRS alloys so maybe that’s more of an issue for me than the size

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are growing on me. They came with new tyres and 2 spare new tyres so will at least keep them for a while. I have the TI set that I will keep just in case I ever change my mind. I think with the Brera and the 159 that Alfa got is pretty much right with 19's and many cars of that age were still running 16's or 17's. That they were right from the start makes aftermarket a harder sell!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I think they look pretty good. Will an Alfa black & silver badge fit in them just to finish them off nicely?

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,380 Posts
They're not a million miles away from one of the wheel styles offered as an option on the Giulia, and the colour is perfect for your car.
Agree with W1NST regarding the centre caps.

·
Registered
'17 Giulia Super Alfa Red and '15 Giulietta QV Squadra Corse (No 9 of 100)
50 Posts
Just paint the car yellow and red and you'll have a clown car ...🤡

Actually looks good but those rubber bands wouldn't last 5 minutes on our roads...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have another 159 with lowered shocks and springs running 19TI alloys with 235 40 19 tyres. This is currently on 245 30 20 and the ride with TI spec suspension is more compliant - doesn't feel any different from a standard TI. I do have 2 new spares when the first blow out happens!

Instead of red / yellow was thinking more burgundy chrome?

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
9,380 Posts
A bright red car with yellow calipers would look great, a la Ferrari.

Reactions: Alfa Nut.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts