Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I do not really know why, but I tried to send you a PM and I couldn't... Perhaps you need some quantity of messages to be able to send and receive PM.

Anyway, regarding my mechanic: his name is Adrián, and the garage is called Cuatro Motor.
phone number: (+34) 928 422 339 mobile number: (+34) 657 572 371

Address is C/ Albert Einstein 36 A, Las Palmas de Gran canaria.

https://www.google.es/maps/place/Calle+Albert+Einstein,+36,+35013+Las+Palmas+de+Gran+Canaria,+Las+Palmas/@28.0904201,-15.4527995,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0xc4095caa5a50d35:0xf5d2779deb2bdbb

I don't know if you speak spanish, either if he speaks english. If you need some help don't hesitate in telling me ;)

Regards
Hi Jose,

Thank you for all the information it is very useful.
I am really bad in Spanish right now ( hopefully will manage to learn it within next year! )
My girlfriend know Spanish a bit ( not perfectly, but still much better than me ), but I do think it is really important mechanic knows English a bit,
so it is easier to understand what is wrong ( if anything ). Again we could use google translate etc. so it should not be huge problem nowadays.

Thank you for the contact number of the mechanic, it is really useful!
I will try to find Srthommo and ask him as well, as you mentioned he owns Alfa on the island, and might know good mechanic, too.
and will decide there to give my Alfa for checking/possible repairing...

Thank you again for all the help, Jose. I am so lucky I have met you on this forum!!!

Kind Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I do not really know why, but I tried to send you a PM and I couldn't... Perhaps you need some quantity of messages to be able to send and receive PM.

Anyway, regarding my mechanic: his name is Adrián, and the garage is called Cuatro Motor.
phone number: (+34) 928 422 339 mobile number: (+34) 657 572 371

Address is C/ Albert Einstein 36 A, Las Palmas de Gran canaria.

https://www.google.es/maps/place/Calle+Albert+Einstein,+36,+35013+Las+Palmas+de+Gran+Canaria,+Las+Palmas/@28.0904201,-15.4527995,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0xc4095caa5a50d35:0xf5d2779deb2bdbb

I don't know if you speak spanish, either if he speaks english. If you need some help don't hesitate in telling me ;)

Regards
Dear Jose,
I just came back from Adrian...

Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, he does not know English well, but with the help of my GF and Google Translate we were able to speak =)
He is quite busy at the moment, so we agreed to meet and leave the car in the garage on Monday...

Alfa overheated a week ago, so trying to avoid any driving for now, as cannot see any leak, and hoping it is not gasket problem... as coolant is keep disappearing...

Thank you again for suggesting your mechanic! Hopefully he will be able to identify and fix the problems of the car, as I really like it! My first car! =)

Kind Regards,

Alex

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have spare used keys available, but theyll need to be re programmed.

If this is of interest to anyone they can email me at [email protected] and make me an offer for keys!

I am not sure what a reprogram of key costs so take that into consideration

cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts

If this is of interest to anyone they can email me at [email protected] and make me an offer for keys!

cheers
From what I've read online they can only be programmed once, after that they cannot be paired with another car

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Correct. There are people who claim to do it online.....but when you phone them and say its a 159....they change their mind and say it cant be done!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe I could have my key repaired? Anyone know anything about repairing, If that'll work or not?

Because i can't find anyone who can do it as I spoke to my mechanic and he cant do them and the main dealer wants £600 which is crazy but I'll have to do it eventually.

Only the buttons don't work, it starts the engine and that's all fine. Just annoying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would probably pay £250 now because I've seen how hard it is to get and if it's normally £600 then £250 is less than half of the dealer so seems okay???
Where is this magical main dealer whose quoting half the price the rest of them are?!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Could be worth it, I spent £450 for a key and when they did it basically fucked the steering lock which they said would be at least a grand to fix. I get this annoying warning flash up "Vehicle protection system warning" or something like that when I start my car now which is irritating well

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Wont pas an MOT like that either. Don't see how they could break the steering lock by programming a new key though....?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had an MOT shortly afterwards and it did pass, the stipulation is that you have to have working steering lock OR an alarm, and the alarm definitely works.

I don't know either, I did see a forum post a while back when I had it happen initially talking about a way to fix it which involved removing a controller front he steering column and resetting a relay or switch inside but I can't find it anymore. To be honest I'm pretty fedup with the bullshit fussyness of my 159 now, think I'll just save up for a different car!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Was that a fake key/blank key or a key from a main dealer?
Could be worth it, I spent £450 for a key and when they did it basically fucked the steering lock which they said would be at least a grand to fix. I get this annoying warning flash up "Vehicle protection system warning" or something like that when I start my car now which is irritating well

·
Registered
29 Posts

cheers
They can't be reprogrammed so those keys arent useful to anyone or any car? Sorry otherwise I would

21 - 40 of 46 Posts