Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a problem with my rear parking sensors and it seems the only way to get @ them is by removing the rear bumper. Anyone any pointers ?
Cheers D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought id post this up as someone else might find it useful
To remove the rear bumper -
1 -Remove four star head screws located in each wheel arch
2 -Remove the two lower torx T30 screws from the underside of the bumper, roughly in line with the two center parking sensors. When under there its best to undo the two electrical connectors (parking sensors and number plate lights)
3- Remove the rear tail lights to access another two torx T30 bolts, one below each light. (Lights are removed by undoing the screw up bolt in light cover inside boot and then removing three M5 bolts)
4 - Remove bumper by pulling it towards you :)

note - It might be best to source some replacement speed clips as the ones in my wheel arches were not in a great shape and needed replaced.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
How do you actually remove the tail lights?

Seems you need some sort of long-handled torx socket to get any traction on the screws?

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
698 Posts
How do you actually remove the tail lights?

Seems you need some sort of long-handled torx socket to get any traction on the screws?

Can anyone help?
You just need an extra long socket, I think a 10mm, I got one from Halfords.

Just stick a bit of masking tape in the end to grip the nut or you'll lose it.

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Tail lamps are mounted with 3 nuts 8 mm metric each.
You can use conventional O- or U- shaped socked if undo both side carpet trims inside the boot.
To mount lamps back do not make much force to screw nuts otherwise you have to check threads about water in rear lamps.
Good luck.
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
696 Posts
You need a long reach nut runner. (online auction site or tool store)

it's a bit like a screwdriver but with a socket type end on it.

Makes it dead easy to get the lights off.

(or an open or ring spanner, the nuts only need the first turn to be undone with the spanner then you can undo it with your fingers)

Axe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts