Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys installed a radar detector in your 159 ?

I was wondering if you had found any good soulution for the power, because personally I don't want the power cord to go all the way between the front seats to get some power. Am I mabye missing some powerplug on a perfect place?

Or have you found any cool soulutions.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I will be soon instaling a detector in my father's 159...

will post some photos of the instal, if you haven't found your way by then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be soon instaling a detector in my father's 159...

will post some photos of the instal, if you haven't found your way by then.
Hey again =)

I was just wondering if you have had a change yet to install a detector in the car :)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Pull off the trim between the carpet and centre console on the same side as the handbrake, you will find the heavy cable going to the cigarette lighter (by tracing it) splice in here with a 2 amp fuse and run it out to a trailing socket, I have 2, one in the fusebos with a Tom Tom pwer supply that then pops out at the A pillar and one in the rear where the ashtray used to be.

I have a 3 way fuseblock for this, a 10 amp at the splice with 2.5mm cable then a 2 amp for each socket so I am well covered for short circuits on the cable sizes I have used and also under the 20A fuse that protects the cars own wiring.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Yes, I have a Roadangel laser/gps gadget. :) Saved my license on numerous occasions....;) However I plug it into the ciggy lighter so it's easy to take in other vehicles too. :cool:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had a Cheetah wireless radar/laser detector installed.

The detector head is in the grill and attached to the battery. The receiver (the bit that beeps) is in the little cubby hole where the cig lighter is. It was wired in professionally so I don't know where they took the power supply from.

However, the receiver can be run off a 9v battery with a £10 adapter and hence placed anywhere - even in your shirt pocket.

Got good reviews here:

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/cheetahsent.htm

Bought it direct from here:

http://www.speedcheetah.com/scshop/section.php?xSec=26

I am very pleased with it - doesn't give off as many false alerts as my Snooper.

Banny

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
We use a roadangel plus in both our cars. They are cordless and sit atop the dashboard on a magnetic pad. Very neat and all knowing :cool: Check my gallery and you'll see a picture of one in out 156.

FYI, they do all fixed, mobile, variable, safety camera vans. You can add your own if you see one that's not on the database (in a year I've added just one). They also do laser but that's soon to be outlawed and I wouldn't rely on it.

Great piece of kit - wouldn't be without it!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts