Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 159 1.9jtdm with q-tronic gearbox. it acts just fine, but i wonder :

Is it possible to retrofit sport/winter mode button from a 2.4jtdm q-tronic to a 1.9 ?

I have been unable to find any wiring diagrams or gearbox computer pinouts or any other number that could confirm the either two are different or the same ?

I guess it would be interesting to some other 1.9jtdm qtronic drivers :)

Regards,

RAle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And so i got into more action since wiring schematic is not obtainable, and my wild guess that the thing is about two wires aint actually that correct :)

Today i dismantled the lever mechanism and foud this :)

It is a nice printed board with chips i guess for CAN communication, illumination controls etc.

It HAS the printed board for the Sport/Winter mode buttons, but it is not populated nor connected.

On the sticker it says No switch ...

My next guess is that maybe this little pcb when populated with LED-s and connected to the main pcb, could work. it ofcourse depends on the eventual software in the gearbox ecu and control pcb, but i think it might be the same :)
There are even graphite (remote control style) contacts on the small pcb :)
There is also one microswitch on the main pcb, that could mean something ::eek:l:

Somebody with 2.4 qtronic basic tools and some free time could shad some light on this topic ....

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
U're a brave man :cool:
Why don't you just use manual mode since thats available? I have the Sports/Winter button but hardly use it these days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is nothing brave about it, dismantle it, let me see whats inside :D

I mostly run in D, and it is a pain to put it in 2. just to pull away on icy road. right now i am on a mountain vacation, and i regret it wasnt my 147 :( 159 sw is too heavy and overall worse driver :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts