Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

After leasing an R Design Volvo over the last 2 years I am returning back to the Alfa community, (for obvious reasons!).

Having previously owned a 156 and 159 I am now looking to buy a used last generation 159 or perhaps a Giulietta. Will be looking at the 2.0 JTDM or 1.750 petrol engines for both, (dependant on annual mileage which is TBC at the moment). Looking to buy in September.

Having previously paid £10800 for a 15 month old 1.9 Lusso I am a little hesitant to spend not far off that amount for a 2010 or 2011 model 159 TI!

I therefore have 2 questions:

1. With the imminent arrival of the Giulia (?) can we expect prices of the 159 to drop much?

2. Has anyone changed from the 159 to the Giulietta and regretted it?

Any feedback will be much appreciated...

Kind Regards

Twedds

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I currently have both, and unless I was doing a lot of town driving o would take the 159 every day

Reactions: Twedds

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback.

Getting married in Italy in August so intend to buy from September onwards.

In the meantime I shall keep an eye on what's out there....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

Getting married in Italy in August so intend to buy from September onwards.

In the meantime I shall keep an eye on what's out there....
Having driven plenty of both varients,I would simply say go with whichever is tugging at your heart the most.I love both but only,in G spec, in veloce trim with the horseshoes like I own & the 159 s in TI trim.Some people also don t seem to like the mark 3 159 TI interior & nor did I untll I actually sat in one.Fell in love instantly.Just couldn t get the right price on it so went & looked at what I ended up buying & currently own.Got that exact same flutter again.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just sold my 159 1750 TI SW to Veloces so I can only imagine what Paul's going to sell it for based on what I sold it for. 61 plate so late run model with 40 k on the clock. They still have it and I reckon it's the best Ti wagon in the country;) . Full tan leather with black dash etc. That car was stunning inside and out. I'd go for one again. Just had to do the V6 thing so went for a GT. Those late run interiors look the best in my opinion. I owned the older car too. The 1750 is a nice engine. I had it remapped by Autolusso and it was quite quick. Didn't like the 2.0 diesel. Too sluggish off the mark but perhaps a map would sort that out. Good luck

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Giulietta will feel faster and more agile as it has a massive weight advantage.

The 159 is built better.

I would have a drive in both, see what you think. I reckon you would like both of them.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Just sold my 159 1750 TI SW to Veloces so I can only imagine what Paul's going to sell it for based on what I sold it for. 61 plate so late run model with 40 k on the clock. They still have it and I reckon it's the best Ti wagon in the country;) . Full tan leather with black dash etc. That car was stunning inside and out. I'd go for one again. Just had to do the V6 thing so went for a GT. Those late run interiors look the best in my opinion. I owned the older car too. The 1750 is a nice engine. I had it remapped by Autolusso and it was quite quick. Didn't like the 2.0 diesel. Too sluggish off the mark but perhaps a map would sort that out. Good luck
Did you get your Busso-engined V6 from Veloces?
I seem to remember they had one for about £7.5k a while back, in blue I think.
I quite fancy the idea myself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having driven plenty of both varients,I would simply say go with whichever is tugging at your heart the most.I love both but only,in G spec, in veloce trim with the horseshoes like I own & the 159 s in TI trim.Some people also don t seem to like the mark 3 159 TI interior & nor did I untll I actually sat in one.Fell in love instantly.Just couldn t get the right price on it so went & looked at what I ended up buying & currently own.Got that exact same flutter again.
At the moment it looks like I'll be also going for a good spec Giulietta simply because I could get a much newer car such as the face lifted 2014 model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts