Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New round these parts - I'm looking to buy a 159 soon, so I was wondering if anybody had any good experiences with the different "buying" options out there?

I'm espcially interested in lease options ("never invest in a devaluing asset" etc), but it would feel weird to not actually own the car.

As for specs, I'm thinking 159 Sportwagon (I have a growing family), with either the 1.9 or 2.2 JTS engines (if I go for a used one) or the 1.75 TBi for a new one.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

MrJ

·
Registered
589 Posts
First of all hello, you would have to pop along to a dealer first to narrow down which car you like best as the spec/engine etc will affect the lease/pcp costs quite a bit. Have a good look around on the net first too so you can attend the dealer armed with some quotes already. You'll find they will be a lot more open with the details if they know you've done your homework! I have used Palmers (Nr Watford, Herts) for many years now and found them to be a good honest dealer, might be worth a phone call, Bradley and Jason are the sales guys there. I have had a number of cars on PCP and all i can say is thank god i did when the market went belly up!! Could have cost me a fortune. The only one thing i'd say about a lease is you have to be very very careful when you hand the car back as you can end up with a huge refurb bill, even the slightest defects will be picked up. My personal choice at the mo would be a PCP but have a chat and see how the figures stack up. Good luck with your choice :thumbs:

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm espcially interested in lease options ("never invest in a devaluing asset" etc), but it would feel weird to not actually own the car.
I think it feels good not owning the car when leasing! When you get small scratches etc or something goes wrong you know its not yours at the end of the day which I like. I also love not having to worry about future resale, or trying to sell or part ex it when its time for a change. Roadtax is included too for the duration of the lead (handy for my Range Rover at £400+ a year).

The main downside to me is you are locked in for the duration of the lease. That's not been an issue for me yet as I've always gone for 2 year leases but that is more expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts