Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been considering a 2011 159 TI, although when I went to an online comparison site for an insurance quote and entered the reg. no., it came up as a "Lusso".

Is this normal, or should it come up as "TI" ? I remember 166 TIs were actually just a trim pack added to the Lusso spec, however I thought the 159 TI was a model in it's own right.

The car is a bit different to other 2011 TIs I've seen as it has full leather seats rather than the alcantara/leather type. (It has the black metal dash and steering wheel). Starting to wonder if it's really a Lusso which has been made into a TI replica.....

As ever any advice gratefully received.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi,

Been considering a 2011 159 TI, although when I went to an online comparison site for an insurance quote and entered the reg. no., it came up as a "Lusso".

Is this normal, or should it come up as "TI" ? I remember 166 TIs were actually just a trim pack added to the Lusso spec, however I thought the 159 TI was a model in it's own right.

The car is a bit different to other 2011 TIs I've seen as it has full leather seats rather than the alcantara/leather type. (It has the black metal dash and steering wheel). Starting to wonder if it's really a Lusso which has been made into a TI replica.....

Ti was a Lusso plus a bit... you got bigger wheels, lower suspension, red brembo calipers and sideskirts plus some other bits and bobs... Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTD Ti (2007) review by CAR Magazine

this covers it quite nicely.

hope this helps

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Many dealers did put Tis down as Lusso on the Registration docs, so don't let that put you off.

Check the buyers guide in the stickies for what it should have. But earlier Ti had full leather, not Alcantara.it may also have been a buyer option. But do Check they are sports seats (raised bolsters and stitched Ti logo).
Also the dials should be different colour (with red round the outisde) do you have a link to the advert?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Yeh, that's a Ti, a very nice one too!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
My 170bhp Ti was also down as a 136 Lusso on the DVLA, and so all insurance searches it comes up as a Lusso.

For my insurance, I stated that it was a Ti, and I enter the car details manually, not by my plate so I'm definitely searching for a Ti. It's pretty obvious if it's a Ti or Lusso aesthetically imo so you'd want your insurance to be correct.

Having said this, the place that I bought my car still thought it was a Lusso, and it was priced as one too! I snapped it up quick. It's most definitely a Ti.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi,

I do wonder how good the imformation they have at DVLA/Comparison sites is as mine has come up as an automatic before.

·
Registered
870 Posts
There are a few threads on here regarding TI's being registered as Lusso's by some dealers, mine included. The alcantara interior was from the very late cars (2010+) with the dark dash.

If you know what your looking for you can grab a bargain as some dealers will advertise the cars as Lusso and price them as Lusso's but they are in fact TI's :)

Good luck
Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts