Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

whats the best set of wheels for the 159?

i have a black lusso and im thinking Ti's 19"s

also Brera S style 19"s

any alternatives?....

also has anyome bought alloys from Veloces of London?...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Sweet spot on 159s I still believe are the 18" "Horseshoes"

Tyres not as expensive, ride better, handling not compromised.
Despite all the oohs and ahhhs about the Ti wheels I think a 159 is over-tyred on 19 inch. On a Lusso it still won't look like a Ti unless you lower it and add skirts so unless you are going the whole hog, I would stick with 18s.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the Brera S ones in silver?...
Or do they only look good on a Brera?.
Also the Brera S ones but in 18"

·
Registered
841 Posts
A couple of pics of my car showing the difference a set of 19" Ti alloys make to the look of the car. Well, those and a £275 shock and spring set of ebay to make it sit 30mm lower.

Exactly the same car (mine) shown below. About 4 weeks (and about £1000) separate the two pics.

James

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
159 alloys

We sell Both ti and brera S alloys at veloces of london. I have fitted silver S alloys on my black 159. Send me your email address and I will send you some pics.
[email protected]:thumbs:

A

·
0 Posts
Doesn't look too bad actually but not as nice as a Ti and you would always be wanting it to look like a proper Ti.:)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I think there isn't anything in it
Or am I seriously mistaken?..
Really?

Here's a pic of my standard Ti so you can gauge the difference in ride height. It makes a subtle but needed difference to lower it.

I've seen James's car in the flesh and he's done a good on it. But you do need to lower it IMO.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yes, it definitely needs lowering from standard. It makes the most difference at the front really. Without lowering I definitely think it looks way little too high once 19" wheels are fitted. Unfortunately thats a pic I don't have.

James

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yes, it definitely needs lowering from standard. It makes the most difference at the front really. Without lowering I definitely think it looks way little too high once 19" wheels are fitted. Unfortunately thats a pic I don't have.

James
I agree - I wouldn't go to the expense of the Ti wheels and then NOT drop the ride height. The side skirts finish the job but you would probably get away without those.

It is all optical illusion anyway - the diameter of the Ti wheel and tyre is pretty much the same as the standard 17 inch setup so all this talk of bigger wheels "filling the arches" is all based on illusion.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
U dont really wanna spend too much as I could have just got a Ti instead...

Is it better to have 18 horse shoes not lowered
Or TI not lowered?...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is it better to have 18 horse shoes not lowered
Or TI not lowered?...
Ive just fitted 18" horseshoes to my lusso and am still undecided if it needs lowered or not :confused: I was going from 16" that have no place on a 159, IMO the horseshoes are more of an Alfa looking wheel than the multispoke of the ti rims. If it has to be 19" the brera S rims for sure.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I saw a 159 with the Brera 19"s and it looked odd

I trust Alfa to make styling options ect..
And they decided to go against the brera S 19"s

However you can have the same wheels in 18"s...

But I'm undecided :((

1 - 20 of 35 Posts