Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 159 (1.9 jtd, 22k miles, 18 months old) for a short spin down a country road last night, nothing too challenging for me or the car, or so I thought! Near home stopped at traffic lights, was shocked to hear very load whining noise from the engine??? I'm no mechanic, but it sounded like the turbo has given up on me?? Got home, left the car until this morning, started it up, for a few minutes it sounded 'normal', went round the block, yep, scary whiny noise returned (it also changes 'tone' if you know what I mean, when I rev the engine)... anyone got any ideas what it might be :-( ???? Dealer said happy to sort but don't have a spare car so advised me to call AA, on the basis they can't fix it, they'll sort me a car and get it to the dealer. It was all going so well.....! :cry: 'expert' views and opinions welome, thanks C

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, no noise change when I turn the steering wheel. The AA have just been round and told me its the bearings on the turbo!!! So its off to the dealer tomorrow for sorting.....:-(. Bit of a surprise after only 22,700 'gentle' miles driven!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts