Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is this limited edition 159 that only had 250 made i saw one on ebay and he said it was on a bond movie, what is the difference between that and a standard ti?

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
so they are not the same spec as a standard ti?

looks lovely though
A few differences - see here : http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/143219-alfa-romeo-159-limited-edition.html#post2187402 . Also, they have body-coloured mirror covers rather than the Ti's brushed chrome offerings.

An idea of what's in the spec : http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/143219-alfa-romeo-159-limited-edition-2.html#post2204146 - although the jury is still out on whether the suspension is actually lowered as the gap between the tyre and the arch on the LE definitely looks wider than on my (or any other I've looked at) Ti. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one its meant to hav nav as standard but the one i looked at did not, i did not notice that the side skirts where missing either

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
nice one its meant to hav nav as standard but the one i looked at did not, i did not notice that the side skirts where missing either
It's not the full-fat colour-display double-DIN system that you get in the centre console of some 159s (like mine, :D - see below) but a simplified one that displays turn arrows in the multi-function display panel between the speedo and rev-counter so it isn't immediately obvious to the casual observer that it's got it. The Ti side-skirts aren't too boy-racerish or in your face (side view + front and rear sections of mine below) so again they're easy to overlook at first glance.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not the full-fat colour-display double-DIN system that you get in the centre console of some 159s (like mine, :D - see below) but a simplified one that displays turn arrows in the multi-function display panel between the speedo and rev-counter so it isn't immediately obvious to the casual observer that it's got it. The Ti side-skirts aren't too boy-racerish or in your face (side view + front and rear sections of mine below) so again they're easy to overlook at first glance.
Thanks for the info, nice looking estate sorry sports wagon. i can see they are easy to miss, to be honest i did tets drive an auto ti and loved it but by the time i got my money together it went, whats the manual like? is the clutch light? are they all 6 speed?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got the limited edition.
difference from the TI are;
Leather seats, but not sports seat.
Sat Nav, voice direction with arrows on dashboard display only (can't enter postcodes either) having said that it's always got me to my destination in the end.
Body coloured mirrors.
Graphite 19" rims, same style as TI but not silver.
and you can't fold the back seats down which.
And yep all LE's are 6 speed, clutch never been an issue for me

good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got the limited edition.
difference from the TI are;
Leather seats, but not sports seat.
Sat Nav, voice direction with arrows on dashboard display only (can't enter postcodes either) having said that it's always got me to my destination in the end.
Body coloured mirrors.
Graphite 19" rims, same style as TI but not silver.
and you can't fold the back seats down which.
And yep all LE's are 6 speed, clutch never been an issue for me

good luck
thanks for the info have you had it retuned?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts