Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I plan to strip the interior of my newly acquired 159 soon to put down some sound proofing material. I've done a little googling but haven't managed to find a guide showing how to do this, is there anyone here who has a guide or can point me towards one?

Or the equivalent of a Haynes manual for it? I don't mind paying for it as I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it!

-S

·
Registered
54 Posts
It’s not a noisy car so I’m a little mystified that it needs more sound proofing. Is it leaking sound in from a window seal or similar?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's more to improve the audio quality of the speakers really, you lose less acoustic energy to it leaving the cabin and don't have to fight external noise as much. It doesn't weigh much either. I think the tyres I have are pretty loud, as it's only an issue at high speeds on the motorway, but they are new and I don't want to replace them just yet. Planned to do this anyway, just now I want to do it a bit quicker that's all :)

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Id consider my 159 pretty quiet....but I've had noisy cars in the past. just out of interest how much does enough sound deadening to do the whole interior (inc inside the doors) actually weigh?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Id consider my 159 pretty quiet....but I've had noisy cars in the past. just out of interest how much does enough sound deadening to do the whole interior (inc inside the doors) actually weigh?

Probably about 25kg added to mine I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts