Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking @ replacing my intake manifold as the connecting rod that operates the swirl valves is worn and wont stay on. Is there any need to replace the electric drive module aswell or is compatable with the newer updated manifolds ? Its being fitted to a 06 1.9 JTDM 16V
Cheers D

·
Registered
219 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers i had read the "important note" but was hoping they were just trying to sell more units by adding that in. Having spoke to a vauxhall parts dealer as its a common part on vectra's, he says for every 10 manifolds he sells he only sells 1 of the drive modules so it looks like the important note is being ignored. I was just looking advise from anyone else whos just replaced the manifold and keep there old drive module and had no issues in doing so.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Hi, I changed my inlet manifold last year and used the old actuator, I changed it for the worn swirl valves and the rod kept coming off so it wasnt showing on the ecu as a fault, I read about the actuators'learning' the manifold but I havnt had any problems using the old one.

I would get a new link bar for between the actuator and manifold , they are plastic and can go brittle.

Its a big job changing the manifold, the fuel pump needs to come off and remember to drain the coolant as there is a feed between the head and manifold and if you dont coolant can run into the cylinders

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Jon, ive found the intake manifold ok and the gasket but i havent came across the link bar. Where did you get yours from ?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I bought it with the manifold, it was about £7. I got it all from a vauxhall parts place on ebay, same Pierburg part number but about £40 cheaper than the same sold for Alfa's and as they probably sell more it would be of the latest design.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It will work, but if you have driven for a long time with the problem it won´t function 100%, and it doesnt show as a fault , even if it doesn t work right , the car runs fine, but lets more soot into the engine.
My car doesn´t have the swirls, but the last bmw had them and I had to change it because it was forcing the swirls to the wrong position, and was demaging the new part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts