Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my 159 1.9 JTDM Ti, which is due in about a week, and I phoned my current insurer Privilege and couldn't understand the answer...

I'm going from a 147 2.0 TS Lusso (2004) which as we all know is not worth a whole lot.. it was about £250 a year to insure.
They've quoted me under £200 for the 159... for a year :wow: .. its mad, I mean I suppose I'm getting on abit, but not quite 40, and I live in Glasgow, so I am stunned..

Brilliant though :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2.4 JTDM Ti on order (should be here in a week) and Privilege came up trumps for me too!
I was quoted £212 Fully Comp:) not bad for a new motor I am also closing in on 40 LOL

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
:eek:

Last time I looked at a quote on a diesel, it was higher than I was paying for my 2.0TS

Must try again!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I'm waiting for my 159 1.9 JTDM Ti, which is due in about a week, and I phoned my current insurer Privilege and couldn't understand the answer...

I'm going from a 147 2.0 TS Lusso (2004) which as we all know is not worth a whole lot.. it was about £250 a year to insure.
They've quoted me under £200 for the 159... for a year :wow: .. its mad, I mean I suppose I'm getting on abit, but not quite 40, and I live in Glasgow, so I am stunned..

Brilliant though :)
Better alarm system? Less likely to be stolen as its not a 'hot hatch' and so is therefore less desirable? all sorts of factors come into it :thumbs:

·
Registered
972 Posts
I only pay £220 on my 2.4SW - which was the same as I was paying on a 1.9cdti Vectra SRi. For some reason insurers seem to like 159's; wonder why?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Diesels do tend to be cheaper to insure than equivalent petrol models from my experience :)

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
......They've quoted me under £200 for the 159... for a year :wow: .. its mad, I mean I suppose I'm getting on abit, but not quite 40, and I live in Glasgow, so I am stunned..
I have a 2.4 JTDM Ti on order (should be here in a week) and Privilege came up trumps for me too!
I was quoted £212 Fully Comp:) not bad for a new motor I am also closing in on 40 LOL
I only pay £220 on my 2.4SW.......
Now I'm depressed and confused (and I don't mean the 'dot com' variety, :rolleyes:) :confused::confused::confused:.

I'm the wrong side of 50, live in a semi-rural area, never had points on my licence and only one accident (which wasn't my fault and fully settled by the other party's insurance) in over 35 years of driving........and yet! I've had my renewal notice from Equity Red Star (through AROC's broker) for the 159 and it's £410 with a £300 excess, :eek:.

I tried Privilege and they've come back with £350 with a £300 excess or £334 with a £500 excess - better but not brilliant compared with you guys, :(. Best quote so far is from Admiral, £307 with a £250 excess for a stand-alone policy, or £286 with the same excess for a Multicar policy and a further £268 in 10 days time when the 147's cover comes up for renewal (Equity Red star are quoting £288, so not a huge saving there).

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. :confused:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Mine's with Liverpool Victoria (LV) - but I did forget to mention the compulsory £400 excess they slapped on me (I'm 45 with full NCB and all points now expired)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I pay 1300 for my mito (120) ...

I am 19...now it may sound alot...but considering my corsa was 1200 and has a 1.2 its actually remarkable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI,

Useful information,When I go looking for replacement car insurance is a quite simple way to save or lower overall expenses. You can get a simple estimate at websites they most often give you competing prices.

Thank you..

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Now I'm depressed and confused (and I don't mean the 'dot com' variety, :rolleyes:) :confused::confused::confused:.

I'm the wrong side of 50, live in a semi-rural area, never had points on my licence and only one accident (which wasn't my fault and fully settled by the other party's insurance) in over 35 years of driving........and yet! I've had my renewal notice from Equity Red Star (through AROC's broker) for the 159 and it's £410 with a £300 excess, :eek:.

I tried Privilege and they've come back with £350 with a £300 excess or £334 with a £500 excess - better but not brilliant compared with you guys, :(. Best quote so far is from Admiral, £307 with a £250 excess for a stand-alone policy, or £286 with the same excess for a Multicar policy and a further £268 in 10 days time when the 147's cover comes up for renewal (Equity Red star are quoting £288, so not a huge saving there).

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. :confused:
It's the twin-turbo and nitrox injection system that does it.. :D

Ralf S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts