Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment I've currently got a standard single disc CD player in my 159 with a Nokia CK-7W fitted and a Garmin sat nav as required. I recently obtained a Blaupunkt USB device which worked well initally but now the head unit doesn't want to know so I'm back to square one. I'm now being forced down the aftermarket road which I didn't really want to do but spending quite some time in the car each day I need to be able to change music easily, ie I need a more flexible head unit.

Ideally I'd like a double DIN unit, almost certainly a touch screen one but the cost is putting me off a litlle, however I want the dash to look as factory fit as possible. The Pioneer BT9000 screen with satnav and bluetooth looks the part and I really like this one, but at £780 (Halfords) it's a little pricey!!! Also are there are any security measures as I do not want it going missing....

So what have people got and what are your thoughts. Would a single DIN unit be OK (I think not as I had this in my Astra H and it looked awful as that also had a double DIN apeture).

Minimum spec is CD with USB, and must be able to match the colour of the rest ofg the dash when lit up (sad I know but wanting the factory look).

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a nice unit, have seen it in Halfords and fits my needs perfectly esp since Alfa are now fitting them. Trouble is it may bust the overdraft at that price lol.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
quality (namebrand) touchscreen LCD is certainly going to be costly, unfortunately. pioneer, alpine, kenwood, etc, all quite expensive.

a single-DIN can probably look good, fitted with a 'pocket' or CD-holder or storage cubby-hole. but i guess that's subjective. note, i've not actually seen a 159 with such a setup, so i'm only using my imagination!

there are usually no security measures for the 2-DIN models: no detachable face, no PIN, nothing. you rely on the bolts that hold it into the dash frame, and the dashtrims. so this may concern you.

:)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JVC do a 2 DIN touch screen with removable fascia I see. However not having seen it in the flesh am not sure about spending that sort oif money....

Went into Halfords recently andf saw the Pioneer and have to say it looks fantastic and worth saving for lol.....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. Funnily enough that is the head unit I've also been looking at...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts