Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into lights recently for the 159.

I've replaced the dipped with Hids, and the sidelights with LEDs. But I have always liked the show-look of the angel eyes.

I was wondering however after seeing videos and listings, whether these where 'switchable' decorations or actually full on daylight running lights?

I'd like them only to be decorations that can be switched on / off without interfering with the Hids or Leds, however of the listings that sell the lights, non have shown the control box, if there is one at all or how they are controlled.

This is a a link to a listing I was going to purchase:
For Alfa Romeo 159 2005 2011 Excellent Quality CCFL Angel Eyes kit Ultrabright headlight illumination angel eyes kit Halo Ring-in Angel Eyes from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

And this is the video that I particular like that demonstrates them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhUq85xm6Q

If anyone has any info on how they actually function and perhaps a point in the right direction for a proper kit if the aliexpress one is a bit dodgy, would really appreciate any help.

Cheers,
Joe.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah sorry tried to delete thread as soon as I posted it, Jaba's is well defined but I needed clarification of the operation regarding the specific set I saw. Either way I have the answers I needed.

Cheers.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Have you seen these ones, this is what I have fitted to my Alfa 159;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rome...199148?hash=item4afb1777ec:g:FhMAAOSwu1VW5wju

I am the seller so feel free to ask any questions.

FYI, I wired mine to an ignition Live source under the bonnet, therefore mine are on whilst driving (DRL), I also have a circuit installed on the halo in the indicator light so it goes off when the indicator comes on.

I will sort out a youtube video over the weekend if I get time.

EDIT: Just seen the ones in your first link, they are CCFL angel eyes, the generation 1 of angel eyes, I was selling these like 5 years ago.. Things have moved on big time since then, you can't beat the COB rings nowadays.

The old CCFL ones are no where near as bright and take a while to "warm up" too.

BTW mine are COB angel eyes.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would be interested to know more Troll.

What is the installation like?

I have recently been unable to even unscrew the rusted star screws on the top of the bumper, so if I obviously had to begin to dismantle the front end I'd need to find away of getting the rusted bolts off without blunting the threads.

Also your listing states the colour as 7000k, my HiDs are 6000k and blueish in tint however your preview image shows them as white-yellowish, is this just a colour correction issue with your camera as I'd like to match them to my Hids if possible with a slightly blue-white tint?

Cheers,

Joe.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Would be interested to know more Troll.

What is the installation like?

I have recently been unable to even unscrew the rusted star screws on the top of the bumper, so if I obviously had to begin to dismantle the front end I'd need to find away of getting the rusted bolts off without blunting the threads.

Also your listing states the colour as 7000k, my HiDs are 6000k and blueish in tint however your preview image shows them as white-yellowish, is this just a colour correction issue with your camera as I'd like to match them to my Hids if possible with a slightly blue-white tint?

Cheers,

Joe.

Typo, they are in fact 6000k not 7000k !

Mine match my 6000k HID kit perfectly.

My bumper was a doddle to get off, altho mine is only 4 years aold and it looks like the bumper had been off before for a respray.

Plenty of info in the sticky regarding splitting the lights and bumper removal.

·
Registered
870 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts