Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you might be interested in the attached photo's. The car belongs to Mario Lodola ( his name was engraved on a solid silver plaque on the drivers door) and detailed on the rear of the side skirts).

Signore Lodola is a test driver for Alfa and I had the privielage of speaking to him about the car.

It is a 2.2, 270bhp ( if memory serves) and is the only one (apparently) in existance. The car was built specifically for Signore Lodala to his spec. The pictures do not do it justice a truely amazing car.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately his English was as bad as my Italian, he was also due to take a tour around the museum so the conversation was a quick one. The car is a one off never to be repeated.:cry:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Agreed with brad

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
I can't believe thats a GTA, look at the piddly front brakes. Also, Raggazzon stickers on the rear spoiler?

To me it just looks like a standard 2.2 with some aftermarket exhausts, a bodykit and a GTA badge.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Agree it's no GTA!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool. Bit fussy from the rear. 270bhp from 2.2, sounds a bit wishful though doesn't it? Would look good in black.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
I can't believe thats a GTA, look at the piddly front brakes. Also, Raggazzon stickers on the rear spoiler?

To me it just looks like a standard 2.2 with some aftermarket exhausts, a bodykit and a GTA badge.
Exactly, :(. Saw it at the Centenary celebrations at Arese in June 2010 - wasn't convinced then and still not now. Small(ish) wheels, small (non-Brembo) brakes etc.

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Ha ha needs to take the GTA badge off really as if it were a GTA it wouldn't also have the 2.2 JTS badges on
(it's a bit cringeworthy)

Would love the exhausts and engine/performance mods though

They look like the 18" wheels off my GT, which look fantastic on the GT but not here. Strange choice for the 159 considering the 19" Ti's and the 18" that are available for the 159 which are both stunning and suit the car much better

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It should be the "159 GTP" - Gran Turismo Pesante - as no 159 can really be described as 'lightweight' ;)

Presumably the 2.2 is blown in the manner of the Autodelta conversion. :confused:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts