Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

does anyone else have a problem with their 159 fuel guage. when I fill up until no more fuel will go in the guage shows just over seven eighths full.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Yes. This seems common and depends on what garage you use. Try Esso or Total for a really full tank (past 10/10 full).

Weird:eek:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Never been a problem for me - in fact I cover 100+ miles before it drops to 7/8. I do try to fuel it at slightly less than full wallop from the pump though, to try and stop it frothing too much. I figure that the couple of minutes extra time it takes each refuel will eventually mean I gain a whole tankful of extra time.....if you know what I mean.

Off to get my coat now.....yes I know I'm thinking too deeply about this :lol:

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
The only way i can get a 8/8 full tank is when the pump cuts off is to trickle the petrol in untill i can't get any more in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hi guys

does anyone else have a problem with their 159 fuel guage. when I fill up until no more fuel will go in the guage shows just over seven eighths full.
Mine lips ok... but I found a receipt for a mod done last yr to the filler neck??
perhaps there was an issue?? and yep esso and shell seem to be the best fillers which is very very weird but It does like a drop of the good stuff every couple of tanks after the cheap nasty asda special :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts