Alfa Romeo Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yup pretty much. I have Halos aswell, plus HiDs and LEDs as high beam. I think legality has gone out the window a long time ago. So far however, after two years, no ones flashed me, no ones pulled me over (given I drive past a busy police station every day but atleast with the Hids I no longer have to drive on the edge of my pants on unlit roads or A-roads with low light). The Halos I want to add a relay switch to be able to turn them off though at night or buy Jabas controller to dim them, the fogs are a just a project, purely aesthetic for daytime use, not at night as we both know fogs don't provide visibility in what ever application.

Not trying to be smart, you're right, any other useage of the fogs is illegal, I have a 4500k LED in them at the moment which is an LED bulb and not one with a ballast e.t.c so it's shaped like a standard bulb and projects the same light forwards not outwards like most other LEDs. I just fancied tweaking them as they are next to useless for me, I've actually been driving the last two months without any fogs at all due to them being pulled for replacement, it's not a legal requirement to have front fogs anyhow, only rears, would prefer to use the fog housing as extra cooling vents / ducts ideally.

I might chuck some Phillips Diamond Visions in them in H1 format but even they state in the description 'Not Road Legal' which is mad because I've seen them sold in Halfords and there are plenty of people driving about without xenons using these as upgrades.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, I also want my fogs to match my Hid's only for visual purpose. 5 years passed since last post, does anybody know any good h1 leds that would fit in 159?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So after doing some research i found out, that the best option is to buy osram or philips 5000k halogen bulbs they are also illegal like led's, but atleast they match xenon color and shine brighter then any h1 fog led.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts