Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this year the front of my beautiful 159 sustained a bit of a knock. A crack in the lower bumper and a dent in the bonnet. Took it to a body shop who repaired it. I was very happy to get it all sorted. One thing that has bugged me ever since is how the bumper aligns with the wings. The bloke that did the repairs said he tried pulling them in, but had no luck.

Every time I look at the car it's all I can notice (see picture of each side). Does any of the other knowledgeable Alfa owners on here have any suggestions on fixing it?

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
They haven't clipped the bumper in correctly.

The bumper should be slid in flush by the lights ans then the rear part buy the wheel push in

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
151 Posts
I took the bumper on and off on my 159, theres a bit of a knack to sliding the bumper back in, you have to get all the clips in then give it a push and it goes in. Needs a fair bit of patience in my experience but it will eventually go in!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Oops !
It's was late, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Paul.o has put the correct link up for you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Paul.o, makes a bit more sense :)

I took the bumper on and off on my 159, theres a bit of a knack to sliding the bumper back in, you have to get all the clips in then give it a push and it goes in. Needs a fair bit of patience in my experience but it will eventually go in!
Sounds like the kind of job I'll be cursing and shouting out...lovely...

Oops !
It's was late, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Paul.o has put the correct link up for you.
Lol, at least if I have an issue with the back, I'm all sorted!

--

Might leave this little job till next weekend when I've got the car jacked up for waxoyling.
A day full of swears :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts