Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it had to happen :cry:
I walked into Chris Variava on sunny saturday and then...BANG I drove home in a nice shiney new 159 2.2.jts on thursday eek!!:lol:minus my Gt 2.0 jts
Well its 2 days in and I reckon its holding its heritage well......
So far
The rear passenger door didnt work ! mechanics abound and now the door works but only from the outside :rolleyes: and whilst fixing it the window broke and they snapped the door handle on the inside :cheese:
BUT I DONT CARE !!(yet)

It is booked back in to fix of course but this tickled me today ....
I left work walked to the car ad ALL THE WINDOWS (the ones working) HAD dropped mmmmm

STILL DONT CARE ...

So my question??? whats next in my wonderfull ownership ??

p.s It doesnt have any hesitation and drives spot on ?? so far so have I lucked in??:(

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Congratulations. When you found the windows open, was the car unlocked as well? The auto window opening is a "feature, not a bug" but I think it can happen if the unlock button is accidentally depressed in your pocket for an extended period and you are in range.

C

·
0 Posts
I like your style Colonel,
its a refreshing take on alfa ownership. I had to smile to myself when I rang the dealer the day after I picked up my Brera cos I got stranded by a wayward battery connection. I have had a few trips since then for DPF's and suchlike but thats ok; I'm not one to waste time and emotion on the 'unfairness' of it all or moan my xxxx off cos the dealer didn't wash my car. Best car I have ever owned despite its Italian foibles.
Enjoy your car mate and yes you will have other experiences; but I think you got the right attitude ..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I reckon I just hit gold........ covered brick :cheese:
I chased and pasted my bother in his accord s type sat just gone and yeehaaw ....

CHECK ENGINE ....CHECK ENGINE DING DING DING ....
MMMMmmmm.. Maybe it doesnt like a good road rogering ??

But i am gobsmacked :wow:
this was sat night 6ish pm ...
rang chris variava... shut BUT given out of hours no to call .....?????
called it expecting call centre in a very hot country to pretend their english and try to help me.. mmmm
BUT no.... "good evening alfaromeo trudy speaking how can I help ??????:wow:
Explained ... she listened ...took all details bla bla bla
15 MINUTES LATER THE AA TURN UP ....
FIX IT AND LEAVE 10 MINUTES AFTER THAT...."this was surreal"

I love it even MORE ...
Whats next ?????:cool:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
So what was it then? Did the AA say?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crank shaft position sensor and cam shaft position sensor ??
the aa man politely said your car be b***$$red if either had gone and wouldnt drive bla bla bla gave me advice ..
Dont sneeze on the car again ? cheeky chap :tut:

weirdly weird ..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NEWS FLASH......
ITS CRACKERED ....
I thought that was the end of it but NOOOO :cry:
it now sits in the garages of chris variava awaiting 1 part from italy ..
why..??:(
well the same fault reoccured in the car and the car was collected this time without clearing the fault
well no communication later and plenty of phone calls from me and then 2 MORE days without being told anything and then 1 phone call to saaaaayyyy.... WAIT FOR IT.......:wow:

THE CAM CHAIN IS KNACKERED !!!?????????:wow:

ok this is being fixed now but hold on .......

2 more days later ..."sorry we are waiting for a part from italy with NO ETA!!":(

so this is now week number 2 I have owned and driven the car 6 times since buying it ...

CAN YOU BELEIVE IT ???

Am i the first one with this ??
is it a ghost of alfa cam belts ??
or is it like swine flu and the desease of the rubbish drive train jumped model to model??

aaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Sorry to hear that fella... that really is crap!

Did you say the car was brand new?? If that's the case I would have thought you had good grounds to reject the car!

I hope either way they have supplied you with a courtesy car?

G

·
0 Posts
Is it the black one for £17,890 by any chance? I was very tempted but the part ex price offered on my GT was rubbish so didn't bother....gutted though as it's an amazing looking car. Sorry to hear about the issues though :(

J

·
0 Posts
Your door lock is at fault this is a recorded fault with the windows and is easely fixed by replaceing the drivers and pasanger door locks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DAY 11 In the non alfa romeo house ..
well They have supplied me untill the car is fixed a absolute cr#p CORSA aaaaaarrrrggghhh
still no phone call to update me..

it feels like they borrowed a duff engine on the cheap and hoped the name gm stamped on the crank case would fix all the corporate woes ....

god Im Pi##ed off and I am driving a bloody shopping cart made out of good will .... which is bad enough

Not impressed by Variava ...... perhaps they should have stuck with s#itsubishis:rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
I don't want to knock anyone but we went there in our Alfa 147 and we're very interested in a Mito or possibly a 159 depending on whether or not our son leaves home or not, and no part exchange scrappage deal and they made us feel like tramps in a Hilton Hotel. If you can, reject the car and get over to Donalds in Peterborough. Not the cheapest but certainly one of the best to deal with and Jason in the parts department is a member on here, and he really cares about the corporate image!!! I reccomended them to a work colleague who bought a 159 jtdm, on day 2 every light on the dash came on but they sorted it on the day and he thinks they are a good dealer too! I have no connection with them at all, my only criticsim would be that their premises are a little small.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't want to knock anyone but we went there in our Alfa 147 and we're very interested in a Mito or possibly a 159 depending on whether or not our son leaves home or not, and no part exchange scrappage deal and they made us feel like tramps in a Hilton Hotel. If you can, reject the car and get over to Donalds in Peterborough. Not the cheapest but certainly one of the best to deal with and Jason in the parts department is a member on here, and he really cares about the corporate image!!! I reccomended them to a work colleague who bought a 159 jtdm, on day 2 every light on the dash came on but they sorted it on the day and he thinks they are a good dealer too! I have no connection with them at all, my only criticsim would be that their premises are a little small.
Maybe thats my next call if I dont hear any thing soon .??:)

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Thank you :D

Anyone feel free to drop a message anytime and i will forward it to the appropriate people or handle it myself :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can understand your frustration at the delay in getting parts for your car-my experience with Alfas parts supply network is the parts arrive when it suits Alfa and not the customer.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I can understand your frustration at the delay in getting parts for your car-my experience with Alfas parts supply network is the parts arrive when it suits Alfa and not the customer.
I think you'll find he's not annoyed by the delay in parts, it's the poor customer service and lack of communication that is the key problem ...

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Shocking that you're in a Corsa!! :mad::eek::rant:

What progress with the 159 now :confused: Surely you're going to push for compensation :confused: Or if you're not 110% happy, you're well within your rights to reject it, get your GT back and walk away very quickly to another dealership and hopefully another 159.

Good luck. :thumbs:

@Nev - stretched chain :confused: New one on me matey :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts