Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I know this is not 159 forum it's just something I wanted to point out, on eBay under the search Alfa Romeo sat nav there is a 159 4x4 3.2 v6 Q4 with no reserve price, don't sound right to me take at look if you have 5 minutes:confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Parker's guide price for an indie dealer is about £9,000, and What Car? have it at over £10,000. Someone might get a real bargain, it is a very high-spec model and about half the normal mileage. I'll bet there are a few dealers watching this closely and bidding at the last minute.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Looks okay to me. Costs the seller extra to add a reserve price and with such a rare care its likely to shoot up in the last few hours anyhow.

G

·
0 Posts
Looks ok to me too plus the reg is there so a HPI check can be done on it. Only worth a trader getting it if they get it for £6k or less. I sold mine recently for £7800 and to be honest I was lucky to get that so ignore parkers guides, these cars are a ****er to sell in the current climate

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
................... these cars are a ****er to sell in the current climate
I think any car with a high road fund licence is: my 1.8GT Blackline has gone down over £1000 in three months, thats 17% of its value! Mind you I didn't buy it as an investment I bought it to drive, it's just a lot.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True if you have the money then Alfa are probably the best car to buy it seems defiantly get more for your money I still can't keep my hands off my GT it has partially taken over my life I'm always out in it I think my girlfriend thinks I'm with another woman!!:D

·
Registered
752 Posts
Living in Jersey and owning an Alfa is much easier on the pocket.

Good points:

1. No road tax. (It's included in the insurance)

2. Cheaper insurance. (Half what I paid in the UK)

3. No MOT's

4. Cheaper fuel. (£1.09 at the moment)

Bad Points:

1. 40 mph speed limit (EVERYWHERE!!!)

2. Jersey is only 9x5 miles (12x6 when the tides out :lol:) You can only drive in one direction for 20 minutes max before you have to turn around hahaha.

All in all its brilliant on the pocket but I miss the driving experience of the roads in the UK.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow never knew it was that cheap to run a car! With the money you save you could to Germany and visit the nuremberg !

·
Registered
752 Posts
With the money you save you could to Germany and visit the nuremberg !
Oh yes! That's the plan when I'm finished getting her exactly how I want her. My brother took his car over to france for £100 on the ferry. Speed limit on the payage over there is 110 mph :)

G

·
0 Posts
£7400 with 6 mins to go...not quite the bargain I thought it would go for (still a good price mind as it is a lot of car for the money). If it's a dealer hoping to make a quick buck then they will be very disappointed

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Agreed graham I'm surprised it went for that on eBay with no reserve, but still pretty nice for the money

1 - 17 of 17 Posts