Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive just noticed my front fog lamps are looking a bit rusty @ the bottom of the the reflector. Theres no evidence of water in there @ the minute but obviously there has been in the past. Has anyone one split them and repainted/replaced the reflector ? Or is it just easier to buy 2 new units ?
cheers D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Would love to hear if anyone actually did this as one of mine is also rusty. Need to check DIY shop if there's any spray paints available (I think I saw a can with chrome, mirror like cap before so might be a cheap repair if it's possible to split them open).

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
You can split them but it’s not easy.
The best is to use a heat gun to heat up the lens so that the glue release and then the rest is easy.
They use the same fogs as a 156 so it might be easier to look for replacements.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
How easy is it to change them? Is it a wheelarch liner and undertray off job? One of mine has a crack right across the glass.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
How easy is it to change them? Is it a wheelarch liner and undertray off job? One of mine has a crack right across the glass.
No - lever off the black plastic trim surround fron the front with a broad blade like a paint scraper, that exposes the fixings.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi. Anyone know the correct part number for the 159 front foglamp ?
Someone on ebay selling one. Part number quoted is 50504508. Assume L/H and R/H are same part.
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts