Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the 159 detailed this weekend - you may remember me having the 147 done a couple of months ago, by a guy ([email protected]) who is now a regular in the detailing lounge.

Well I decided I'd had enough of the wife having the shiniest car, so it was time to let him have a go on the 159. It wasn't faded the way the (red) 147 was, but had gone very dull and had lots and lots of swirls. Again, he completely transformed it in a day.

Here are some before, during and after pics:

BEFORE: embarrassingly filthy after a busy week :eek:

DURING: including plenty of swirl action

AFTER: Just loving the mirror effect from the C.Quartz

A complete transformation, I hope you'll agree - many thanks Matt!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Looks absolutely fantastic. You must be loving the car all over again with that kind of paintwork.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks absolutely fantastic. You must be loving the car all over again with that kind of paintwork.
Too right - new wheels last week, then the paintwork restored - it's like having a new car!

Sad but true - I've started looking back at it again every time I park it and walk away :cheese:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
How well does the front of the rear wheel arch come up where it gets stone chipped?

Looks fantastic

·
Registered
66 Posts
How well does the front of the rear wheel arch come up where it gets stone chipped?

Looks fantastic
Not brilliantly all honesty, depending on your expectations of course. They soften greatly taking your eye away from them, but there is no hiding them. Respray or touch up work required to better that

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Looks smick :cool:

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Looks good. May I suggest an exhaust tip to finish it off nicely :thumbs:

·
Registered
66 Posts
black never stays looking that good for long :(
This is true unfortunately. However we applied a cquartz coating which toughens the paint for 6 to eight months. Simon will also be using re load which is a top up product. Great for others with black cars. Here you go pal

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself

Not a cure by any stretch of the imagination but it helps for sure

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Great work guys.

Will be detailing mine soon. Or I may wait till next year. Gonna be a cold winter, possibly a dirty one with all the sludge and salt from the roads!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts