1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
No but I've got one in my 156 you can willing have ... :lol:

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Yes the noise on mine is a buzzy rattle from the passenger airbag area, its something behind the dash, not the dash itself. It has rattled since delivery 6 months ago, but no other noises have developed. Like all my 159 faults, they were present on delivery and build issues, nothing new has developed, so at least the design of the car is sound!

Its awaiting clips etc before they attempt to remove the dash.

The ally trim at the glovebox is easy to re-attach, it slides into screw fixed clips (I had a peep above the glovebox to try and diagnose my rattle, so managed to get the glovebox removed)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do not let them remove the dash!

Do not - I repeat - do not let them remove the dash. Apart from the marks they will undoubtedly make you will probably find all manner of new problems. If you can live with the noise try to. Its my experience that with removal of major parts like the dash it can never be replaced to factory specs.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
I was thinking the same.

There doesnt seem to be an alternative though - and they have ordered up a load of new trim parts to replace the bits they might damage.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Quite frankly

My Brera is better put together now than it was when it left the factory,
three pages of little trim defects (missing cable supports etc) have been
remidied by my dealer in an effort to stop it rattling. Totally solid now.

Took two guys a week to sort - apparently many breras are having these issues - nothing broken - just not quite put together as well as it might have been. I looked at two other stock cars both had issues, it's why I still have mine as I know it's right.....

SImes.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
The under dash trim to the side of the steering wheel came loose on my 159. I just pushed on the screwplug and it went straight back in. Slightly more irritating is a little movement in the seat when I stamp on the gas or heave on the brakes (both of which I seem to developed a tendency to do more often sinceI had this car - I love the way it sticks to the road). It'll get fixed when the car goes in for squealy brakes next week.

Otherwise, there's no noises or wobbles internally.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yip - right behind the speedo console, there's what sounds like a small family of chattering mice... loads of squeaks. Going to try and shove a load of foam sponges behind there this weekend..

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Pleased t report

My brera rattle with the radio on behind the dash has been sorted totally - and yes the dash did come out - and you can't tell....

Simes.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Simes said:
My brera rattle with the radio on behind the dash has been sorted totally
Did they mention what was the cause Simes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts