Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a bit fed up of this 159 now! Only had it about 3 weeks!

Car was reluctant to rev over 3000rpm and had the fault code P0335 - Rpm sensor. Changed out the sensor today for anew one and now the car wont start at all, and now has a fatal signal with the same code :(

I have tried clearing the code and it just comes back as soon as you try to start the engine again. Is my only option to get the tools out again and put the old sensor back in?

I can't see any things like proxy alignment for this sensor in MES.

Thanks once again!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Did the rubber seal come out with the old sensor? Not sure what engine it was but the seal could stay in engine and when fitting new sensor it wouldn’t start due to distance the pick up was away from the pick up ring

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. It's a 2.4 jtdm 210hp. Is that just the o-ring around the base of the sensor that could stick? There was an o-ring that is still on the original one. I have tried the original sensor back in and getting the same result.

I'm wondering if I'm actually pushing it in far enough. Sounds stupid but I'm forcing it and doesn't go any further. Like you say it wouldn't pick up if it wasn't in right.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
So both sensors are doing the same now,just wondering if it is actually a wiring fault and now you have disturbed it have made it a permanent fault.
Have you gone on live data and seen if sensor is giving a reading when cranking?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the reply! That's very possible! There is a voltage at the plug so not sure. Apparently it's not a genuine sensor so going to get a genuine one and see how that goes!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry forgot to mention I was using multi ecu scan and also Delphi when pushing the start button and both weren't reading any measurement of rpm. Will try a genuine sensor and with any luck that will fix it. If not, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Can you measure resistance of the sensor? If memory serves correct it should be 3 wires 1 of which is a screen. Across the 2 signal wires a typical crank sensor should be around 200-1000 ohm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts