Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question - I've recently bought a 2006 159jtdm exclusive with the factory fitted sat nav and CD changer in the boot. Is it possible to connect an ipod via the CD charger connection? Or is there another smarter solution?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, you can get an adaptor kit off Ebay or amazon. Fits into the aux input at the rear of the main head unit. This will currently be used for the multichanger, so that would no longer be useable. The adaptor will also allow you to use the steering wheel controls for your iPod in the same way as the head unit. I'd stick the redundant cd stacker on eBay, someone will buy it when you see the cost of a dealer fit! Might recoup some of your outlay for the iPod upgrade. Good luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thks - sounds good. I did a similar thing in th the 147 I had before, but selecting the aux in was a pain. To remove the main head unit, do i push something into the two holes I can see on it (the one in the 147 had the twin holes on each side, this one looks different...). Also, can you suggest any good links on ebay for the adapter kit? Thks again!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I've been looking into some way of connecting my ipod to my Nav+ for ages (been looking through the threads here since i bought the car 18 months ago). Thing is, I really cant stomach the outlay on the alfa connection kit (at £100ish!!!!) and the dension stuff seems a hassle and just as pricey - all for a cable! I'm not bothered about controls through the steering wheel or head unit - i was planning on running the cable to the draw/lighter area and just controlling through the ipod for track selection etc. Can I just plug a cable directly into the head units cdc port - straight into the ipod basically just creating an aux in????? Anyone tried this?:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts