Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I miss about the 164 was the ability to lock all the doors whilst driving, does the 159 have this option

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm not going outside to double check tonight - too damn cold - but look in front of the gear lever - left hand button.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 159 locks all doors automatically when it hits 20 kph. There's a distinct sound that accompanies the process.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
My 159 locks all doors automatically when it hits 20 kph.
^^ yes, and if you happen not to want this auto-lock feature, you can turn it off.

there is also a 'lock' button behind the gearstick to manually lock/open all doors.

:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yo, shiny!

Yep, the button's near the hazard light switch but these days I'm perfectly happy to get around town with the doors locked. And it makes no difference to opening them. :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
With the engine running and the car at a standstill, with the left hand toggle button on the left indicator stalk, you can choose the option of manually locking the doors or autolocking at 15mph.
The button by the gearstick over rides the autosetting if needed.
:)

U

·
0 Posts
.........and just to finish off the topic, you can also set the locking via the menu so that when you unlock it with one press of the fob, only the drivers door unlocks, leaving the rest of the car secure. :thumbs:

(Two presses unlocks the whole car)

N

·
0 Posts
.........and just to finish off the topic, you can also set the locking via the menu so that when you unlock it with one press of the fob, only the drivers door unlocks, leaving the rest of the car secure. :thumbs:

(Two presses unlocks the whole car)
Is that the FDA(?) option?

N

·
0 Posts
Might activate that. :thumbs:

I keep double-clicking the remote to lock the 159 even though it has no dead-locks.
Habbit, I suppose. :eek:

·
Registered
968 Posts
I keep double-clicking the remote to lock the 159 even though it has no dead-locks.
Habbit, I suppose.
Mine dead-locks on a double click, although I have to say it took some practice to get the double click timing just right.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Yes, that double click to dead lock seems to be another dark art that I have yet to master, along with the rear wiper switch to 'off' and not every 5 seconds.....!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mine dead-locks on a double click, although I have to say it took some practice to get the double click timing just right.
Ha haaa...it took me a few attempts to get the deadlocks working too. Works every time now :thumbs: Isn't deadlocks across the range then, I'm sure it is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm new to the 159 and have a couple of questions regarding the locking button on the centre consol for the experts out there.

For it to work does the key have to be in place and all doors closed? I've tried it with a few different permutations and sometimes it's worked and sometimes not.

How do you now when the doors are locked or open? It sounds a silly question but if you were on your own and wanted to know the doors are locked?

By the way, a great forum, found it so useful when making my choice of car.

·
Registered
159 SW 1.75TBi
110 Posts
Ha haaa...it took me a few attempts to get the deadlocks working too. Works every time now :thumbs: Isn't deadlocks across the range then, I'm sure it is.
Could someone shed a bit of light regarding the deadlocks ?? I am not familiar what this does exactly.

Thanks for clarifying the FDA option in the setup menu ;-)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
If you deadlock it, it cant be opened from the inside - i.e by smashing a window.

To dead lock, press the lock button, wait half a second then press again (takes practise!) it clunks agin and the flashers blink twice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts