Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1162 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening all.

Following a good discussion with ARUK Customer Services today, I'm want to catalogue all the posts to do with premature front tyre wear (inner edges) so as to evidence the problem.

I'll stick this thread like the 2.2 hesitation thread / 2.4 economy thread.

Please provide details of the mileage when your tyres got changed, the wear pattern, the size of the tyre, the cost and any response from your dealer or support from ARUK Customer Service. Also, feel free to mention anything else you feel relevant.

To note, please be factual & constructive:)

Over to you:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think this is a great idea, more power to your elbow Si. Did they suggest that they are actually interested in the experiences of forum users then?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think this is a great idea, more power to your elbow Si. Did they suggest that they are actually interested in the experiences of forum users then?
The chap said that they are told to take what's on the net with a pinch of salt but when I steered him to the 9+ pages on the hesitation issue, he seemed genuinely interested:cool:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
I'm with you on this SR:thumbs:

3 x 159's and Ive had awful tyre wear. Tracking setup seems wrong from factory and even though 4-wheel re-alignment helped loads, it's still not acceptable.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have just replaced the two fronts on my 2.4 Brera the inside egdes were bold had the tracking checked by the dealer they said it was ok had them recheck it after I said that the inner edges were bold they then said the tracking was just out, now thinking of taking it to an independant to see what they say about the tracking. I've only done 14k shorely you should get more than that out of a set of front tyres?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So guys, how should I collate the evidence:confused:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Is there a multiple option on polls e.g. front/rear, brand, size, mileage ?

If not then look like it's a simple sticky with everyones responses

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
On my 2.4 Ti at 7000 miles teh tyres are still legal, but the fronts worn on teh inside and the rears on the outside, so i rotated them as I didnt want to be arguiung with Fiat Auto Contracts in Kwik Fit!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Count me in for this one. I complained about it as well but they werent interested.

1st set. 7k miles, bald inside, 4mm outside.

2nd set. 8k miles.

3rd set. 6k miles!!

4th set on the car now.

Also had to replace one set of rear tyres at 18k (which I consider acceptable).

This is with a lot of mway work too..... as an example of how crap it is my dad has got over 33k out of the front set of Pirellis on his Zafira (total mway work and I know its exceptional, but still!)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
2006 Brera 2.4

- fronts replaced at 9,500 - even wear across tread.
- fronts now due for replacing at 19,000 - even wear across tread
- rears getting low - even wear across tread.

All Bridgestone RE050s. Might give some of those Vredestein Sessssssannttaaas a go.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK. I'll stick this thread and edit my first post to be more explicit about what we are looking for.

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My experiences.

Fronts changed in July at 9k miles. Bulk of the tread at just over 2mm but inner worn down to one of the base layers:eek:

Dealer (Chris Variava) first spotted this in May at 6k miles and said it was a common issue with the 159's, especially the Ti's:(

I was advised that ARUK were aware and got told that I would be supported if I was to write a letter (which I haven't:eek:).

New tyres cost £420 from event tyres, Stuck with the original PZN's and put the new tyres on the rear bringing the fronts forward.

Car went in to Variava's in July (other issues) but they could not check the tracking due to a problem with their equipment.

Car was at Guests yesterday (2k since tyres fitted) and they checked and adjusted the tracking to parallel which is just outside of the tolerances stated by ARUK. Car feels fine to steer.

I'll keep you posted regarding wear.

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
833 Posts
Two tyre changes (4 tyres) on the front at about 9000 miles each (from memory) on the Brera 2.2. Both sets of front tyres badly worn on inside fronts so much so canvas starting to appear on second set. Both sets were Bridgestone 235/18's. Budgens spotted second instance of worn tyres and tried to track down replacements.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just to add a little balance (no pun intended!), I thought I'd throw in my tyre experience here too :)

I've had the Brera (3.2 see left!) since October '06, so nearly two years. It came with the Bridgestone's and so far its done just over 20,000 miles on the original set of tyres!

Tread is still at around 3-4mm and tyre wear is even across the tread on all four tires.

Go figure! :confused:

Reactions: Simon1963

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Out of interest, does anyone know what the geometry setting are?

·
Registered
17,177 Posts

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Just to add a little balance (no pun intended!), I thought I'd throw in my tyre experience here too :)

I've had the Brera (3.2 see left!) since October '06, so nearly two years. It came with the Bridgestone's and so far its done just over 20,000 miles on the original set of tyres!

Tread is still at around 3-4mm and tyre wear is even across the tread on all four tires.

Go figure! :confused:
I think that's the Q4 benefit!
:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 1162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.