Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

Please please read and act upon the information I have gleened from ARUK over the 2.2 petrol hesitation issue and the widespread seemingly generic premature tyre wear issue that affects our cars:(

Details are in the sticky threads in the technical lounge for the cars.

It'll only take you a few minutes but it could have a really influential outcome over our problems:cool:

Thanks, Simon.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ARUK state that the hesitation with 2.2 engined new range cars is normal and not a fault:mad:

It's there to ensure the cars comply with EU emission regulations:rolleyes:

Their advice is if you think your car has a fault, book it into a dealer (I mentioned that some of us are being charged for no fault found warranty claims) or an independent for confirmation.

Any remap will invalidate the car warranty and they seem unhappy with Mango's for offering the service.

It's a similar story with the tyre wear situation. They want us to get geometry check print outs from dealers if we have had the issue.

I note that some of us have commented that involving the press seems to be the way forward.

I have already won two battles with ARUK with the assistance of Autoexpress magazine so if you want me to take this forward, please PM me with your specific details and I'll compile a submission.

Don't be shy;)

Not good news really and despite ARUK's initial and seemingly positive stance, this is proof that it's SNAFU as per usual:tut:

·
Vendor
46,136 Posts
Time to get the press in then? Shame it always needs to come to this with ARUK.. :rolleyes:

Maybe they could offer vouchers to the tune of an AD remap to customers complaining about the issue, and overlook the remap when it comes to warranty claims? Oh no, they'd prefer just to drop their collective pants and sh*t on their customers. We've got your money now so just p*ss off and stop complaining.

Oh dear. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
What about a rally to Slough? Park up outside with some informative banners attached to windows.

A further thought (done in edit) I have a different issue with my car but the response is the same. If as ARUK state there is 'nothing wrong' then perhaps universally we could make the same request I did in my email to them, which reads.....

If the vibration is normal, then why have I not received a full written report explaining what causes this vibration and an explanation as to why this is normal, also assurance that it will not affect the reliability, saleability and re-sale value of the vehicle? Please may I have this written feedback and diagnosis of this 'normal occurence' which are the cause of the symptoms. I will have any reports checked by a proffessional, independent organisation.

This could be the case for hesitation, tyre wear etc, if it is normal then it can be explained and we can all have peace of mind. Refusal to do this can be seen as an admission of guilt?

Even ask for a warranty extension in writing to prove that ARUK have no concerns?

Just ideas.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
I think independant examination has a lot of promise, esp with the hesitation, tyre wear and frankly laughable fuel economy issues that so many of us have.

Martin's case seems to be unusual and a direct replacement should be pushed for.:(

A

·
0 Posts
ARUK state that the hesitation with 2.2 engined new range cars is normal and not a fault:mad:

It's there to ensure the cars comply with EU emission regulations:rolleyes:

Their advice is if you think your car has a fault, book it into a dealer (I mentioned that some of us are being charged for no fault found warranty claims) or an independent for confirmation.

Any remap will invalidate the car warranty and they seem unhappy with Mango's for offering the service.

It's a similar story with the tyre wear situation. They want us to get geometry check print outs from dealers if we have had the issue.

I note that some of us have commented that involving the press seems to be the way forward.

I have already won two battles with ARUK with the assistance of Autoexpress magazine so if you want me to take this forward, please PM me with your specific details and I'll compile a submission.

Don't be shy;)

Not good news really and despite ARUK's initial and seemingly positive stance, this is proof that it's SNAFU as per usual:tut:

ever thought about a remap?
kinda sick of all this ARUK bickering. :eek:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, but at £400 when the car should run properly:mad:

·
Registered
15,180 Posts

Problem is warranty.

I had all hell let lose when ARUK and a certain dealer thought I'd had a remap. Threatened not to honour ANY warranty on the car as it was modified from standard. :(

Honestly though, its not bickering. Many owners here in the UK have £20-30k cars that aint right. ARUK must do something about it. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts