Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1821 - 1837 of 1837 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Dark coloured (it was night so not sure of actual colour) 159 car broken down on the side of the A27 between Portsmouth and Havant this evening. I might have stopped and helped...but someone in an estate car had already stopped and was helping you. Nothing too serious I hope.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Lunchtime(ish) the A34 northbound today was 159 city! I joined southbound at Abingdon and immediately saw a silver/brown (I really don't know the name of the colour and this is the best description!) Ti saloon. Then a bit further south a black (or very dark blue) SW with angel eye lights (Nice!) and right behind him was a black SW.

It really was Alfa spotting day as there were 2 red Giulias on the M4, a 147 and a 156 saloon. Plus I was at a quarry near Witney this morning and there was a grey Giulietta in the car park and then a red Giulietta heading in to Abingdon.

Made a very wet and drab day a bit brighter. Hi to one and all from the Red Giulietta you may have seen waving at ya.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Red Giulia Veloce on the M1 northbound bear Leicester. SUCH an attractive car! (Despite reminding me of a BMW every time)

Sent from my S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
....not to my eyes I'm afraid...the Giulia looks much fresher....but then I never like the Brera rear end and preferred the 159.....so I'm probably biased!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nah, 50 years from now it’ll be the Brera that stands out as the looker. Out of interest, do you prefer your 159 to the Giulia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Yes...looks wise at least...but the Giulia is way a more refined car to drive. Which of course it should be with ten years more progress and development in it.......and of course it drives the right wheels!......which is why my next car will be a Giulia.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes...looks wise at least...but the Giulia is way a more refined car to drive. Which of course it should be with ten years more progress and development in it.......and of course it drives the right wheels!......which is why my next car will be a Giulia.
Yeah I meant in terms of looks. The Giulia is quite nice looking but not nearly as stylish... Luckily they seem to have got everything else right!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Having owned both I have to say that the Brera is still the better looking of the 2. It will be remembered more in terms of styling, good or bad (in particular the rear) ... if only it had the refinement, handling and performance of my Giulia Veloce

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Black 159 saloon, might have been a Ti, heading towards Reading at the Wellington roundabout on the A33 this afternoon. Managed a quick flash of my lights as I came off the roundabout southbound.

·
Registered
33,710 Posts
Alfa Red Brera when I was out virtually cycling on Tacx neo2 turbo trainer using their training app. It was on the road towards Malcesine.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Silver Spider, roof down, at Broughton roundabout, Preston, around 4pm today.
Grey-haired chap behind the wheel.
Was on my bike so no daft waving like a goon.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Looked out of your 'isolation window' and saw a 159, then realised it was your own sitting helpless on the drive?

1821 - 1837 of 1837 Posts