Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 1820 Posts

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Doesn't the 1.9 DERV only have a single pipe?
A petrol 2.2 Brera and Spider has 4! Keeping up the Alfa 'style-over-substance' mantra!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Yes....and so does the 2.0 JTDm (mine has two though!!) but it did not sound like a diesel...although often difficult to tell at low revs in a 40 limit!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hello to the grey SW with silver roof rails pulling into the petrol station in Burghfield this evening. I waved from the red Giulietta that was leaving at the same time.

V dark so here's another wave 👋👍

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Black Brera along Blackpool Road, Preston, this morning, heading east.
Silver 159 parked up on Black Bull Lane near BG Fencing. Also this morning.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Black 159 S/wagon, driving through Stadhampton Oxon at 12:20 this afternoon. I saw you 👋 but wasn’t quick enough to reciprocate. That was me in the filthy Giulia Speciale.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Nice drive. on M20 between Jct 8 and 11 yesterday and came across silver/grey 2.4 saloon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
2.4 JTDm Spider...white with black roof parked in Halfords carpark in Havant about 2pm. I'm guessing that the owner is called Stella...due to your plate being S73LLA !

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
2.4 JTDm Spider...white with black roof parked in Halfords carpark in Havant about 2pm. I'm guessing that the owner is called Stella...due to your plate being S73LLA !
How did you know it was a DERV? Spiders don't have badges telling you what engine it's got. Presumably the engine was running, in which case you'd definitely know!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Black 159 saloon, Turismo or Lusso (little wheels), parked-up on Station Square, Lytham, yesterday afternoon.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
How did you know it was a DERV? Spiders don't have badges telling you what engine it's got. Presumably the engine was running, in which case you'd definitely know!
Thought of you when I saw it!! It was not running but while I was waiting for Her Ladyship I ran it through the DVLA car checker!! That's how bored I was!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Haha, I should have known not to ask and you'd have a proper water-tight answer!!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
She must love it....owned it for nearly 8 years...good MOT history...and polished within an inch of its life. I say she...I didn't see the driver....could have been a male hairdresser too I guess!!! ONLY JOKING LUSSOMAN....only joking!!:)

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I've had mine over 9 years with excellent MOT history - all it's ever had is advisories on tyres now and again.

I'd be surprised if it was a woman - they're not easy cars to park you know!!
Very limited visibility unless the roof's down of course. The curvaceous bodywork makes it hard to judge where the extremities are, and nothing but the hood to see when you look over your shoulder. No issues like that from the highchair of a SUV!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Since the private plate spelled out Stella. Im really hoping it was a woman!....but it could be a man....one who goes to the "Special" Gentlemans Club you frequent perhaps!!!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
My private life's my own...;)

The owner's probably a fan of the wife-beater loony juice!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Could be one day, but no grey hairs at the moment. I'd have to start wearing a suit and tie as well.

1801 - 1820 of 1820 Posts