Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I have just swapped my 147 for an amazing 159. Its a 2006 model. There is one issue that's bugging me. The boot release on the key fob doesn't always work until I lock and unlock the whole car a few times. The previous owner had no issues. I did have a new key coded to the car and it looks like that has possibly caused this issue.

I was advised I need to recalibrate the key and boot release switch inside the car by pressing the boot release button on the key fob 10 times but this solves the issue temporarily.

Also if the car is locked I press the boot release button on the key 4 times and the lock releases but when I open the boot lid the alarm goes off. Do I have to unlock the car and then press the button to open the boot?

Apart from this I love the car to bits.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car didn't come with a manual.

If I want to use both the key and the button by the rear view mirror should independent boot be on or off?

N

·
0 Posts
Lock/unlock the car between changing the indep. boot unlocking setting.

This normally fixes any issue.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi,

Not the same issue, but I found that switching the independent book lock OFF allowed me to use the button by the rearview mirror and the key fob. I'd assumed ON was more logical, but then I don't know exactly what independent boot lock actually means. Seems like a poor Italian to English language conversion.

On my 147 all was fine. On my 147 GTA, the alarm went off every time I opened the boot without unlocking the car first.

Maybe try what Nev suggests, but I've not found any specific rhythm to Alfas and this!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers CraigM for the link - I have just downloaded and it will be very useful in the future.

Thanks Nev for your tip regarding the boot release, I'll try that out when I get back to the car later on and let you know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought Nev had cracked it as it all started to work perfectly. It wasn't until I went back to the car later on that it stopped working and I had to unlock and lock the car several times before the boot would open using the key. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had a problem with a '08 Brera - they have a button on the boot lid and this didn't work. It was fixed (under warranty) by replacing the body computer - I suspect this costs big bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts