Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening:)

Bought a boot liner for my 159 Saloon today from Alfa.

£43 after 10% dizzy so not cheap:eek:

We put one in the GT and they are great. I thought I needed one as I've recently ditched the spare wheel & jack in favour of a large can of tyreweld.

Cheers,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. Do you just buy this type of accessory direct from your local dealer? Just asking as after a year of looking and saving I'm finally picking up my 159 on Monday and already I'm thinking of what extras to get :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't know about the saloon but the 159 Sportwagon has a dedicated boot floor liner.

It's solid and worth the money.

Ordered mine to be fitted on delivery, so that was about a month after the car came!

Nothing new there then!

·
Registered
218 Posts
yes, I got one on my 159 SW too, yes it is very solid and there is even an Alfa and 159 logo on it....but wait, my dealer charged me double on it, £90! :mad:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Btw, I am thinking to buy a divider. is anyone using it here? is it removable after fixing. I just want to put in on my car only when I need it....such as carrying my big dogs.....

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Don't know about the saloon but the 159 Sportwagon has a dedicated boot floor liner.

It's solid and worth the money.
I've got that too, not sure why it doesn't reach all the way to the back seats, though.

Btw, I am thinking to buy a divider. is anyone using it here? is it removable after fixing. I just want to put in on my car only when I need it....such as carrying my big dogs.....
I wouldn't buy the official Alfa dog grille, it's a pretty cheap and nasty thing. Except it's not actually cheap. You can remove it, but it's a bit of a hassle - it's not something you'd want to be taking in and out all the time. I've not found one, but I'm certain there must be better alternatives on the market.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£90:wow:

You have been charged double:tut:

They are good quality and are an exact fit.

I have a wheelie back for my laptop & kit so it going in an out every day. Now that the weather is getting crap(er), the wheels are getting filthy and are dirtying the Boot floor. Can't have that:tut:

Also, as in my OP, now that the spare & jack are out (weight saving benefit too), it provides loads of support:D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Simon,

By the way, in my cars they get hammered so best way to clean em (I have both AR GT and 159 SW liners)::

1. Remove them
2. Rinse with water
3. Spray on Autoglym engine and machine cleaner
4. Agitate with a paint brush and rinse
5. Chamois dry

You'll need all the weight saving you can to get that 2.2 to go anywhere quick.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Simon,

By the way, in my cars they get hammered so best way to clean em (I have both AR GT and 159 SW liners)::

1. Remove them
2. Rinse with water
3. Spray on Autoglym engine and machine cleaner
4. Agitate with a paint brush and rinse
5. Chamois dry

You'll need all the weight saving you can to get that 2.2 to go anywhere quick.
TVM for the tip 166:thumbs:

Actually, once you get some miles on the 2.2 it's plenty quick enough;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've got one of these in my 159SW (beige carpet, you see):

Alfa 159 Boot Liner

It's a good fit and does the job well. It's a tray shape, about 3cm deep.
Yep think thats the one I have - Official ones are too £££....like most of the AR accessories.
Agreed an essential for Beige carpets!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got mine thrown in for nowt when I bought my Ti.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will the 159 SW boot liner fit the 159 saloon? If not can anyone recommend where I can get a boot liner for the 159 saloon that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for? I've tried places like Leisure Shack and ebay but they all seem to have SW boot liners. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep i have the same issue.....looking at the specs the saloon and SW are identical in the boot so I may just risk purchasing one from leisureshack and cross my fingers:)

L

·
0 Posts
These are superb. Plus nice non-slip centre for well non-slip..stop anything sliding around :D

Euro €29.99 - Euro €49 delivered !

They seem to do Alfa 147, 156, 156SW with and without BOSE, 159SW, 159 with and without spare tyre, Brera, Crosswagon, and GT..

Omnipack.de

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered the Leisure Shack SW version for my 4 door and it seems to fit well....apart from the fact that it does not completly fill the gaps at the side it is pretty close. Still not sure I will keep it but it is not to bad for the price!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got the fix & go holder / spare wheel well filler and fitted it today. Not got the F & G kit but the underfloor storage is excellent. Well pleased:cool:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts