Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm 99% certain that I´ve read about this issue before, but can not find it.

Changed the battery in my 159 2,4 SW yesterday. Now the button (rear badge) don't work. Need to open with the remote, that works.

I'm quite sure I´ve ween someone else had this problem and had a solution for it. But can't find it! Please, someone with a clue?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello!

I'm 99% certain that I´ve read about this issue before, but can not find it.

Changed the battery in my 159 2,4 SW yesterday. Now the button (rear badge) don't work. Need to open with the remote, that works.

I'm quite sure I´ve ween someone else had this problem and had a solution for it. But can't find it! Please, someone with a clue?

You need to reactivate independent boot opening in the menu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mine did that when I replaced battery in December.

After starting the car 2 or 3 times, normal boot function came back as if nothing happened. Just one of those little annoyances.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,072 Posts
That setting does not affect the opening with the badge anyway....it just chooses whether the boot will unlock with the remote or not (just the doors). The boot button should work on either dash setting. That's how it is on mine anyway and correct according to handbook.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried checking and unchecking the setting in the menu, tried the remote and still the same. Only remote opens the boot. Really annoying.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unchecked the box in "Independent boot" setting. And now it works. Bloody strange.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
You have to lock/unlock with the key remote after changing the setting. Plenty of old threads on that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts