Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have successfully installed the yellow ISO connector with an AUX cable similar to this one.
To get the Bose system to work i transplanted the brown enable cable from the old yellow plug to the new one.
Finally to play songs from the AUX cable i inserted an USB stick with a single song into the USB connector in the glove box to trick the unit into thinking it is playing from the B&M USB contact.

The sound from the system is amazing! However soon after this mod i started to get issues with my battery discharging over night.
After pulling all fuses one by one i found out that the aplifier was the one responsible for a 1A current draw when the car is off. I can also remove this current draw by removing the yellow ISO connector altogether verifying that this is the source of the issue.
This seems strange given that the brown wire was simply transplanted from the original connector to the new one, and should therefore only activate the amplifier when the ignition is on. I also probed pin C6 (where the brown wire is connected) on the head unit with the ignition off and verified 0 volts.
I never checked the current draw before the mod so it may, while unlikely, be possible that the amplifier was always on? I might just transplant the pin again to the old connector to verify this.

What could be causing this issue?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you consider a Bluetooth module rather than aux? Plugs into the back of the stereo in place of the cd changer... Then you won't need to plug your phone into s headphone jack, nor add a dummy USB.
Do you have a phone connection in this configuration? Are calls supported?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts