Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.... Looking at setting up AUX in my new Alfa... But definately don't want to change the head unit...

I've looked around the forum and google quite a bit. Now ive just got a few questions to ask..

So my car is a 159 2006 model. No blue&me installed. It has Blaupunkt cd changer at the back..

Basically. Do I buy the yellow or the blue micro connector with the aux coming out of it. I've seen one seller link which was provided by a member here, but it was quite expensive,

I've found what looks to be the same thing much much cheaper on eBay as a generic part (not Alfa specific) but they also come in blue or yellow, and some even say it won't work on factory installs, although others :rant:

Confused. Some help will be much appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and also, when I press cd it scrolls from cd changer to aux, so why does everyone say it can only be one or the other?

Thank u

N

·
0 Posts
Yellow plug based lead should work then.

These blaupunkt HUs are notorious for having things changed
during the lifecycle of the unit.

e.g. Blue plug lead worked for early 147s, then you needed to
short some pins, but later ones didn;t work at all.

If you're handy with a soldering iron you could easily knock a
lead up.

T

·
0 Posts
Hi,

I've currently got an xcarlink integrated into 939 headunit on 2006 159. it mimics a CD change and plugs into the blue port. However, used to just have homemade AUX port installed...

Both the CD changer port and yellow port allow audio in but only the yellow one offers a true AUX in. The standard blue leads will not work as they require a 'device' (i.e. xcarlink/changer) to communicate with the headunit at the same time. The yellow port on the other hand is the input you can select by cycling through CD until you reach AUX and is a true audio in.

You don't need anything expensive, just as long as the port physically fits in the headunit you can modify it easily to make it work. I can send pictures of the lead I have so you can compare wiring...? or just send me the link to the ebay one I'll see if it's the same.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Tom... So should I just order it now,,, not even bother waiting to see if the blue one works?

T

·
0 Posts
Yeh I would, even if the wiring isn't correct, the plug is so you can easily re-wire it. Let me know how you get on, I'll try and get photo of mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those of you with 939 head units in the 2006 159 considering using the CONNECTS 2 CTAARUSBOO1 USB interface may want to think carefully about buying one.
Some people have had success, I unfortunatly didn't and will be returning mine.:cry:
It does work of a fasion, but only recognised CD02 and the AUX input (regardless of whether using a USB stick or SD card, the capacity, quantity of files etc etc). In other words I followed the instructions to the letter and discovering there was a problem eliminated as many of the variables as possible, it just didn't work right. It may have just been faulty, just be careful. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts