Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the auto wipers function on the 159 and still get intermittent wiper speeds. It seems you can either have off, auto, normal speed and fast speed, but no controllable intermittent wipe.

The auto function is absolute pants, as it is in all makes of car in my experience. the sensors just cant cope with our ever changing weather and it would be nice then if it could be overridden.

Am I missing something?

Also, is it my imagination, or does flicking the switch on the auto dimming rear view mirror make no difference what so ever? The light goes off but it's still dimmed at night and not in the day.

N

·
0 Posts
Been looking to do this for a while.

On the 147 disconnecting the sensor on the windscreen
achieved this, but have not been able to budge the
rear-view mirror mount on the Brera to get at the connector. :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wish I knew how to disable the auto-wipers, they drive me mad... flapping around like a fish in the bottom of a boat at the merest sign of drizzle and doing FA when it starts tipping down. The switch to make them more/less sensitive doesn't appear to have any effect either.

Regarding the rear-view mirror, mine seems to work ok. When it's off it's clear and undimmed all the time. When it's on it's clear in the day and gives everything a greenish tinge when bright lights appear at night.

Cheers
Hugh

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

Would disconnecting the sensor allow me to set my own intermittent wipe speeds? I assume the same 'stick' is used for the models without auto mode, and they have simply swapped the intermittent speeds for the auto function. Where I have seen the auto function on other cars it is in addition to the usual functions.

I have only tried turning off the dimming mirror when its dark, and it seems to stay green, ie an immediate change isnt apparent. Not a problem, just wondered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts