Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Considering a Alfa 159 with automatic gears.

The thing that frightens me is that there are not many threads referencing this.:confused:

My question is, is it worth buying an auto rather than a manual considering that I do not like to have an aching left leg after a long drive (through traffic).

Which spec to go for?? Petrol or diesel?

Please help need to get a car within the next 8 days!!

Thanks folks:)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I had this same issue 6 months ago. After looking at various options i went for the 159 Ti 2.4 Qtronic. I have had many good cars on the last few years and i must say this car really is a work of art. Great looks, very good build quality and a good trade off between performance & economy. My last car was an RX8 231 and i think top end the Alfa is a bit quicker TBH. MPG is usually around 30MPG and i have a heavy foot, goes up to 35ish MPG if driving normaly.

Now, the Qtronic box. Got to say i love it. Smooth changes, intuitive and in sport mode really is very good. My dad has a Golf GTI DSG and was in my car last week and said he prefers the Qtronic because the changes are smoother/less jerky on lower gears.

Hopefully this is of some help :thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes! Go the auto, it's a quality unit. Gear changes are inperceptible and sensible. You probably won't even use the sports mode as it's already pretty sharp. I found the manual throws were a little long on the car I test drove and the gear stick feel seemed a little cheap and out of place in the car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yep - that looks a beauty from Veloces (where I've sourced virtually all my cars from without issue).

I've got Qtronic on the 3.2 and I find it much better than the manual (which I've also had). I've had a few issues with it (now sorted) and I'd like to make sure I have the latest software upgrades, but it is much better in my opinion.

Go for it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
There is a lovely red 2.4Ti Q tronic on Glasgow Gumtree just now for 8.5K. I posted up a link on Alfred Rowmero looking for a red Ti thread.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I'm going to look at said Auto on Friday. I feel an impulse purchase coming on . . . . . . Anyone want a GT??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts