Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Has anyone been tempted or looked into covering the 159 interior aluminum strips with a good quality carbon vinyl covering. Just noticed today that when the sun is behind the car and hits the aluminum dash it's bloody bright and distracting.

Cheers

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have a friend who does this for a living (wraps glassfibre with carbon fibre) so its quite cheap, "real" 100 layer carbon fibre is fantastically expensive, he layers real carbon over glass fibre so looking and feeling the same , but not being as strong.
i am getting him to do the dash/gear surround and door trims to replace the cheap alloy trim (that is marked on my car)
ill let you know when its done, with pics/cost etc

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have a friend who does this for a living (wraps glassfibre with carbon fibre) so its quite cheap, "real" 100 layer carbon fibre is fantastically expensive, he layers real carbon over glass fibre so looking and feeling the same , but not being as strong.
i am getting him to do the dash/gear surround and door trims to replace the cheap alloy trim (that is marked on my car)
i could be intrested on this cos my plastic trim is dirty since i bought the car after 32k miles on the clock.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'd love to see how this looks :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have just requested a sample of the "3M" product which is meant to be one of the best on the market. If anyone gets any further can you place some pics on here. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts