Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 months into 159 TI ownership, I have come to appreciate just how careful one has to be when negotiating speed bumps, on account of the low hanging plastic undertray that grinds on the bump if you don't slow down to a snail's pace.

I have noticed that on Alfisti.net they sell an aluminium version of the undertray for the 147 that is "higher" than the standard plastic one and so helps with the ground clearance problem. Does anybody know if there is an aluminium undertray that is produced for the 159? If so, where could I source this from?

For reference my car is a 2010 reg 1.75 TBi

Thanks,
Toby

·
Registered
31 Posts
taking about these under trays does anyone know the replacement price for one from Alfa. Yep 500miles into my first ever Alfa I destroyed my by parking to close onto the pavement then needing to reverse to leave and cracked it then it broke in half.
So I need to replace it.

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
taking about these under trays does anyone know the replacement price for one from Alfa.
Between about £160 & £190 depending on engine.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I don't know where you can buy one but I do know that the 1750 has a section of the engine that protrudes lower down than any other 159/Brera/Spider engine. This is what causes the biggest problem.

In addition to getting a new undertray, it might be worth getting stiffer suspension springs, and maybe even adjustable dampers?

I put Eibach springs on my 2.2 and now it clears every single speed bump every single time at any speed :thumbs:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now that I own the 159 1,9 MJet TI version I have to fit it with engine undertray.
If I did it for 147, I will do it also for 159,must do it before winter, TI is really really low.
You can expect update for 159 1,9 MJet and Brera 1750 TBi very soon...Aluminum version of course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts