Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 159 2.2 petrol.When it gets cold my remote wont deactivate the alarm or open the doors.I have to open the door manually and put the key into the ignition to put the alarm off. Had car with dealer several years ago and they repacked locks with sub zero grease.
Still have the problem.

Any one else ever had this problem and more importantly, what is the solution

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
I have a 2006 159 2.2 petrol.When it gets cold my remote wont deactivate the alarm or open the doors.I have to open the door manually and put the key into the ignition to put the alarm off. Had car with dealer several years ago and they repacked locks with sub zero grease.
Still have the problem.

Any one else ever had this problem and more importantly, what is the solution
have you had battery checked ? could be low with not enough ooomph to lock all locks when they are stiff and sluggish.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had this same problem this week, but when I use the key to open the car I can use the fob to put the alarm off and it then works ok with the fob for the rest of the day. Until I leave it overnight in minus conditions it then won't work. ok as long as it is plus temperatures. Must just be an Alfa thing not liking Scottish weather:confused:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
This is a known problem and the generally accepted cure is to fit a new TEG unit (that's the ignition switch to you and me).

Mine was replaced last April under warranty (thankfully :rolleyes: cos it's not a cheap part) after the problem arose last Jan/Feb.

Unfortunately now that the cold weather has returned the same problem is still there!

The car will be going back in for investigations soon.

Meanwhile, only when it's cold (say below 5°C), I unlock the doors with the key, which seems to wake the system up, and I disable the alarm with the fob.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use to be able to just open with the key then use the phob to deactivate the alarm, now I have to but the key in to de activate the alarm

Have Alfa acknowledged that is a problem

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts