Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Alfisti! I am new to this site as i plan on taking the plunge over to "the other side!"

First of all, can i just say, that this forum is excellent!

Basically i'm wanting to purchase a 159 Ti. Now one has cropped up at a main dealer in white. It has the 2.4 Jtdm engine and the Q4 drive-chain.

Is there anything i should look out for? Is the Q4 system any good/problems? I'm also guessing the MPG will be slightly down with it being a 5 cylinder?!

Not drove it yet but hoping for a test drive tomorrow.........any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbs:

·
Registered
146 Posts
come on karl, you will fix the problem and then you will enjoy your beautiful alfa for years to come. all cars have problems, maintenance is costly on all newer cars.

as technology goes forward to make your driving more enjoyable, also does the complexity of all cars. one does not go without the other. more complex the system is, more things can go wrong but the point is - you cannot avoid it. any car you buy recently manufactured will have it's issues. ANY car. it is not just alfa. for what is worth, alfas are actually quite better quality than general public thinks.

put desperation aside, find your dealer, get it fixed and you will not be sorry.

wish you all the best luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Simply drive it, see how you feel and then drive some of its competitors. Set your worries aside and decide on the car you WANT before dismissing it. I have a 2.4 Ti and it is the best car I have ever owned. I bought with my heart though, which i think most alfa drivers do. That was no help at all was it :lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I'm planning on viewing/test driving it either today or tomorrow so i will let you know how i get on!!;)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Is that the white one that CVs in Notts have listed for sale? If so, then that will be a very rare colour / spec combination. There are less than two dozen in the UK with that spec, and I reckon most will be black / grey / red, as those were the more 'standard' early TI colours.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it is the white one at cv's! your right....its vary rare. i didn't manage to have a look at it in the end. partly because it was slightly out of my price bracket. slight re-think. lol.

i did however put a deposit down on a 159 ti in black with xenons, tan leather, folding mirrors, heated seats, front sensors etc. took it out for a good drive and it was fantastic. even for the 1.9jtdm its still got some poke although i have been driving a ford focus around for a year!!

i'm so glad i've taken the plunge!!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
yeah it is the white one at cv's! your right....its vary rare. i didn't manage to have a look at it in the end. partly because it was slightly out of my price bracket. slight re-think. lol.

i did however put a deposit down on a 159 ti in black with xenons, tan leather, folding mirrors, heated seats, front sensors etc. took it out for a good drive and it was fantastic. even for the 1.9jtdm its still got some poke although i have been driving a ford focus around for a year!!

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

·
Registered
83 Posts

Yep the 1.9 is quite nippy was surprised myself, just want those voices to go out of my head saying "remap,remap:lol:"

N

·
0 Posts
Go all out and get a V6 Q4?

It'll probably the last chance you get to own a V6 powered Alfa
for many years.

;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaa yes chrisheys, they were already trying to sell me the remap before i bought the thing!!!! :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Yup, there's no V6 in the current line-up.

Not even in the stock of pre-built 159s.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the 3.2 v6 q4 brera, my wife has a v6 mercedes gl diesel. Both have virtually the same horse power, brera a ton lighter but slower and uses more fuel. The brera does however sound awesome. My friend has the audi rs3. Now if only that engine was in the brera it would be unbeatable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts