Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, it was all going so well- car has 40K on her but then started running a bit rough. Then, driving along the 'check engine' warning came on and it went into safe mode. The car felt very like my other 159 which had problems with the flow shutter valves. I checked it into the dealer yesterday and they put it on examiner. The result is that it needs a new manifold and 4 new injectors :(
Hopefully it'll be back by the end of the week

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yep - there seems to be a rash of clogged injectors MH :(
They might also fit a perforated manifold at the same time.
Any idea how long your will be off the road for, as I was told that injectors are onback order from Italy right now:confused::(

Hope it gets sorted asap :thumbs:

Other than that, how's the car been running otherwise :confused:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than that, the car was running well - was getting hi 38-39 mpg but i must admit it felt a tad sluggish. The dealer reckons it'll be at least the end of the week before i get her back and perhaps might be next week.
BTW what is a perforated manifold?

·
Registered
433 Posts
This is so unbelievable that AR have still not got a definitive fix to this issue. Mine had the new Shutters, inlet manifold and new injectors at 20k miles and bar one little incident with the revs dipping on the M56 in Cheshire its been fine. I always use Redex diesel additive - seems to make engine much smoother. Oh yes and a regular blast to get the DPF up to a decent temperature to clear out all the crap.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the beast is back-seems to be driving well. Got her valeted at the dealersand they left her back with a full tank of diesel! Will take her out for a scorch tomorrow and report back!

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Do you know the list of works carried out:confused:

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
good news m'wood. hope it drives as well as before :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts